Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: XAML export?

Default Re: XAML export?

It really is amazing how far in the sand some people are. Why dont we just remove AI, and JPG support while we are at it? After all that DOS thing is gonig to come back.

czhower - you'll be gald to know I'm on your side. XAML and XPS in particular (Microsoft's new competitor to PDF) are important to us, and will be key vector graphics formats for the future. Thus Xara will support them.

Thank you very much Charles! Its not something I need now (of course it would be welcome though. ) but could you give me any kind of guesstimate on the planned time frame?

There is already a free AI plugin and I think it comes with source. But please dont do a Xara --> AI --> XAML, but maybe it contains some useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by czhower View Post
    It really is amazing how far in the sand some people are. Why dont we just remove AI, and JPG support while we are at it? After all that DOS thing is gonig to come back.
    btw: It doesn't matter, how "far in the sand some people are". Important is, that you persuade Charles with your arguments. And you got the message from him...

Remi

It matters if those people are used for "marketing info".

But you're correct - since then Charles as replied and settled the issue.

But you saw my Roll-eyes smiley, don't you?
    "Those people" are some of the best Xara Xtreme experts and I don't see, why you should thinking bad about "those people", because "their" arguments wasn't bad ones and I understand, why "they" are asking critical questions if someone needs a new feature in Xara Xtreme.

Remi

Actualy I dont think bad of the inquisitive ones - in fact looking at the aliases there is only one that I doubt and seems to have a serious case of close mindedness and unwillingness to see technology evolving, or a need to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    czhower - you'll be gald to know I'm on your side. XAML and XPS in particular (Microsoft's new competitor to PDF) are important to us, and will be key vector graphics formats for the future. Thus Xara will support them.

Now that put a BIG smile on my face. This would certainly position xara much more in line to be a professional tool. I have to admit the last few upgrades have been more than a bit depressing as they seemed to move the application more and more to the hobbiest/casual user and did nothing for my segment of "Xara's targeted demographic"

Can't wait for what's to come Charles...put those coders to the whip. :P

I'm not familiar with XAML. Is it likely to become a standard that print houses will accept? If so, that seems like a good thing...
    Last edited by StevenWWinters; 03 November 2006 at 12:52 PM.

Steven, XPS may become a format for print houses. As Charles pointed out it is Microsoft's competition to PDF.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update