Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

in Painter 6. Is there a plug in - a tool I haven't found yet?
    IP

in Painter 6. Is there a plug in - a tool I haven't found yet?
    IP

Hi,

I just posted a response on the Painter Talk Forum about this.. probably to you?

Anyway, I tried the method that I thought would work and didn't have much success with it. That is, the Impasto brush, Depth Lofter variant set to Negative Depth. Problem was with both the colors and the shape of the tool. It would be nice to get a chiseled look but with a round brush that's a bit difficult.

Let us know what you find out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinny

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Hi trusslle,

Try using Express Texture under Effects/Surface Control. In the pop-up box, for Using, pick Paper (texture) and slide the Contrast all the way up. Over in the Papers palette, pick and try different papers to work with. For this sort of effect I've had the best luck using long fibers/grain or crosshatched papers (textures). Back in the Express Texture pop-up box, adjust the Gray Threshold and Grain sliders to suit. Also, try adjusting the Scale slider or Invert Paper back in the Papers palette. Any number of combinations here depending on how many paper libraries you have. If you have a diagonal line, try it. For the image below, I started in full color and applied the 'long string rice' paper from the Morewild.pap library (I believe this was on the Painter 4 CD).

BR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	face.gif 
Views:	2802 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	5975  
    IP

Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Hummm!

The more I look at the above image, the more it looks like a scratchboard or woodengraving, instead of a linocut. Here's one done with the diagonal texture I mentioned above,

Br.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Face2.GIF 
Views:	3938 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	16484  
    IP

Hi trusslle,
    I am not sure if this effect is what you are looking for but it was done with the scratch board tool and touched with surface paper texture.
    IP

for these suggestions, fantastic. Its that quite 'hand made' look that Monastic Bat has come up with that is what I'm after. Thanks. Now I want to experiment with layers to acheive that 'suicide print' look of cutting more of your block away for each new colour.
    IP

Hi trusslle,
    Glad to help. I am sure that I am not the only one who would like to see how you use this in your work. Please feel free to post some of your work so we can see.

Regards,
    Greg
    IP

"in Painter 6. Is there a plug in - a tool I haven't found yet?"

There is such a plug in added in the P6.1 updater which is now in beta.

As for using Express Texture, float a copy of your original image into a layer before applying Express Texture, and set the blending mode (try gel first). Then do something to blur the underlying canvas image (Soften, KPTx Equalizer, Auto Van Gogh, Apply Surface Texture with a heavy texture paper, etc.).

Doug Frost
    IP

I cant even download the plug in to try it, Corel site keeps saying page not available.
    IP