Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Last Post

Thought I'd post a final (I hope) totally CorelXARA image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parchment.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	19274  

Thought I'd post a final (I hope) totally CorelXARA image.

Wow, that's a really brilliant drawing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I was just looking at it thinking "I'd never be able to do that", but then looking at each aspect of the drawing in turn, I can see how it was done, so I could do it after all. I don't have that much patience though, and would never be able to come up with all of those inspired uses of fills and lines myself. You're a very talented Xara artist Penny - well done !!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Daniel - In one of the other threads, Trekart recently commented that what he liked about Xara was the ability to create complex illustrations using a relatively limited set of drawing tools. The similarity to your comment "I can see how it was done, so I could do it after all" just struck me. It is Xara's strength that us non-masters can look at a xara-created illustration and get a good sense of how it was created - and learn from it. I think this is because with Xara it is possible to quickly (and joyfully) learn to use its basic drawing tools. Those skills are then the foundation upon which very complex and potentially beautiful illustrations can be readily created. Gary P's detailed tutorials help us to see and use the creative potential of those basic tools.

In this world of bloated software and feature-oriented marketing, many consumers unfortunately get cought up in the feature list of a package rather than its basic usability. With the release of Xara X we will see a number of new features. Whilst new capabilities might be nice and help us to be more productive, I hope Xara will find effective ways to market how user-friendly their program really is. Compared with other products it is a joy to learn and to use. I really believe Xara is a product that almost every PC user could find useful. I think it has more potential to be a mass-market product than any other graphic program I've seen. Making that happen will of course be a struggle. I do encourage all of us to try and help Xara Ltd. get the word out about Xara X. Let's start at the grassroots - one user at a time. Sales will no doubt translate into the continuing development of the program.

Regards, Ross Macintosh (I gave up my Mac for a pc because of Xara).

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross

Does that make you a Ross Pcintosh.

Ross,

Might it not also make you a Ross Pcintelosh?

.joel.

Wise men still seek Him.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I don't think I'll be changing my name anytime soon. Too big a step for a recovering mac addict! I have to take it one day at a time.

Ross-forever-Macintosh

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

for your kind comments. Perhaps "Farewell.." was a tad premature - we live in frustrating times. If it wasn't for the tantalizing glimpses of things to come, I'd like to return to the creative days of yore, instead of being in a very uncreative state of anticipation and Xcitement! Penny