Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Menus Not Appearring in ASP Pages

The menumaker navbars will not appear in asp pages that have a lot code in. They appear fine in html static pages.

But if i load them in asp pages that has calls to SQL & Exchange Server or have forms on the page I can not get around the code where there the menu will appear even though they will be fine if all the code is extracted from the page

Should i be using a <include or component [statement]> if yes please show me how & where to put those commands on the web site i am working on

located:
    http://123dropship.com/Register_061029a_copy(1).dwt
    http://123dropship.com/Register_061029a_copy(1).aspx
    http://123dropship.com/Register_061029a.asp
    http://123dropship.com/Register_061028.asp
    http://123dropship.com/Register_061028e.asp
    thanks

Default Re: Menus Not Appearring in ASP Pages

ASP is a server technology, not a client side one. If you took a html file and renamed it to have an ASP extension, then it would work just as well once the server had processed it. Seems to me that the problem is most likely with your ASP code. Opening a page in firefox, gave me a nasty VB error in your unsupported browser code (firefox). Copying one of the files (e) then opening with dreamweaver highlighted a load of errors in the html markup.

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 31 October 2006 at 07:19 AM.

Paul,

I am redesigning a bunch of dinosaur (made in the mid 90's) web sites with at least 15 programmers who have come & gone over the years. Everyone has left their marks which is what I will have to do since the company does want to do a major overhaul with SQL, IIS & Exchange. But on the same hand they want to move on & get away from the old technology. They still have me working with VB6 & Interdev. All this web stuff ties into their warehouse and custom built access GUI's for the phone operators and the inventory people.

I know this is asking a lot but do you have any suggestions, I have to work the graveyard shift in the US so I do not interfere with their production machines

Thanks
    Mike

Notice of Disclaimer: I hope this message is clear & understandable (let me know if it is confusing or hard to comprehend.), and I will clarify any misperceptions. My Heavy work load prevents me from doing accurate proofing.

Hi Mike,

I clicked on http://123dropship.com/Register_061028.asp and found that it worked and the menus work. Looking superficially at these pages, I really can't spend time to unravel what you are doing, so I'm going to wish you luck. If I were doing this job, I'd probably start again from scratch and redesign the whole lot.

One thing has really niggled me about this. You expect people here to look at what you're working on, but put a disclaimer on your post that you are too busy to proofread, yet we are expected to have time to wade through your pages.

Paul

Paul

I am an old man, that is why i put the disclaimer. I don't want to give the impression to you youngsters that i have alzheimer's. So if i speak incoherently it is to let you know that i am not a Mad Man. Just an old man working 18 hours a 7 days a week for the last 20 years.

sorry to say that is the god honest truth, I have no family so i can do this. One day you might message me and all you will get will be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx because when i died my head hit the keyboard.

Maybe the disclaimer what be better for this message, do you think>

Fearari, Old man eh?

You may be suprised that many of us here could probably call ourselves the same thing. Certainly, that's what my kids sometime call me. I haven't been called a youngster for many years.

If you've been working 18 hours a day for the last twenty years, you're in the wrong job. You need to work smarter, or do something else.

One last thing. I compete in my work with people much, much younger than me. The last thing I need to hear is people making excuses because of their age. There are people far younger than me that can't do what I do and there are people far older that can do a far better job. In terms of non-manual work, talking about age as a relevant issue doesn't do any of us any favours. Age isn't it, unless you're talking about being a professional sprinter..

Think like you're 25 and remember that work is not the equivalent to living - particularly if you feel the need to do it for 18 hours a day.

About the website - get someone else to do it. They'll do it faster and the result will probably pay for itself by improving your business. I don't think what you're working with is doing you any favours.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by FEARARI View Post
    So if i speak incoherently it is to let you know that i am not a Mad Man. Just an old man working 18 hours a 7 days a week for the last 20 years.
    Hm, let's see:
    • 18 hours * 7 days = 126 hours per week
    • 126 hours per week / 42 hours per week = 3 employees

In other words: If you're really productive in your time, you're able to do the work of 3 employees. So, I hope you earns more than 3 times than an normal employee. Otherwise, you're doing something wrong...

On the other side: If you're really earning so much money, you're also able to invest a little bit in an employee, to support you...

btw: Redesign is the best solution. Not with Menu Maker or something like this, but with a clear concept and a well thought out program design.

Regards,
    Remi

if anyone of my hundred employees answered our customers the way you have (well you know the answer)

I do not need to tell you how wealthy I am, plain & simple I am a workaholic, have you ever read other moguls in the us that sleep 4 hours:
    here is a few:
    Warren Buffet
    Bob Jeeps
    Donnie Winslow
    Sam Goldstein
    Donald Trump
    Ted Turner Slept on a cot for over 15 years at CNN and he was a multibillionaire

Geez I was really considering put you on our affiliate pages, we own over 150 major domains with over 500,000 hits every week. If one of my employees talked like you did I would promote them to VP

Keep up the great PR, you guys are top of the line

???

now to come I think of it you are right Xarax is a Cheezy program.

If one of my employees told me they were using Xara, I would have said "Xara Who" how come we don't have our in house IT guys working with sun or Microsoft.

thanks for the enlightenment, now I am embarrassed to use your software kind of the way I would feel if my main email address was aol or yahoo

Rank on!!!

These are great emails for credit card dispute (Real Smart Boss)