Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: What web browser do you use?

Voters
725. This poll is closed
  • Internet Explorer

201 27.72%
  • Firefox

301 41.52%
  • Opera

174 24.00%
  • Other

49 6.76%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: What web browser do you use?

Availor,

Thanks for the info, where did you get the information from?
    It was just a random snapshot of one of the websites I created. I'm not claiming it's representetive of web users, just interesting in it challenges the results you've found on this forum.

I would suggest for a more accurate result you do a search based on "Browser Use Statistics" or similar search string.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    IE users are mainstream followers
    That's just a personal assumption that you can't back up with facts. I for example use IE because I have a reason. Also Windows users are not all mainstream, most of them also have a reason. I never understood the attacking nature of people who use FireFox, Linux or Mac. Actually that kind of behavior achieves the opposite. Don't convince people by calling them mainstream of dumb, because you achieve exactly the opposite.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Firefox is a good browser, security-wise, but IMO it fails in offering other easy usage and correct rendering of sites that otherwise render correctly in IE.
    From the W3C point of view IE's rendering is nearly a disaster. Should be IE considered as a standard since we have W3C established to maintain universal web standards?

I respect your choice of browser nonetheless.

Best regards!
    BodziO
    IP

BodziO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    What's your browser of choice and why?
    My choice is Firefox. I've used it since 1.0 or something . Before I was using Mozilla and Netscape. Once for a short period I was using IE 3.0 but that's an old story.

Firefox because:
    - I liked Netscape philosophy of browsing so I sought continuation of it in Mozilla and then Firefox seemed logical step forward,
    - a couple of times I was forced to use IE 6 for some time but it annoyed me horribly although I really wanted to give it a chance, IE is just ultimately uncomfortable (even in most basic tasks like searching for text on a page) and as such is slowing down my browsing experience (I don't mean here program speed itself)
    - Firefox is close and is heading for even closer conformance with W3C standards which I find most significant among the ones addressing presentation of data in internet,
    - Firefox is easily extensible,
    - Firefox is about to be separated on xul running machine and xul program that will enable writing and deploying whole class of cross-platform applications,
    - Firefox is supporting xml nicely (as well as some xml applications like mathml or svg) and since I believe xml will prevail as "internet data description language" it's nice to see this working already,
    - Firefox is secure. It may sound like a slogan but I've seen many situations when patched up system was devastated and pended for reinstall just because someone accidentally opened fatal page,

What do you think of the new versions of these browsers?
    IE 7 is a step forward for MS but not a leap forward. It's more usable (tabs, search bar etc.) but still is not so easily extensible as Opera or Firefox. I'm also disappointed with its improvements in rendering pages according to W3C recommendations. I think IE 7 was created because further neglecting of change would be catastrophic for the browser.

I think Opera is a splendid browser and when it became freeware it's even more considerable choice. Still I wanted to have just a browser (not a couple of apps bundled in one) and also I prefer fully opened program. Also I don't like using Opera on Linux since it uses Qt when I prefer GTK+. Beside that I like Opera.

Do you defy convention and go for something else?
    Sure I do! I'm going for good solutions as long as they promote interoperability and are as open as possible. If I would have to choose closed and open solution I would prefer open one.

Best regards!
    BodziO
    IP

I'm running IE7 at home and it's actually been pretty reliable. (I'm probably the only one!) I do have Firefox as a fallback and use it for some sites which seem to be poor in IE.

At work I use IE6 & Firefox. We have tried IE7 and it breaks a lot of our internal apps.

DB
    IP

Hai,

I'm just starting a company for graphix & webdesign
    I'm creating most of my things in flash and find XtremePro a good addition to
    my other programs.

But coming to the question,you need in this line of work test,test,test
    (cauz nothing is the same in any other browser)
    I've used Slimbrowser(flashpeak)for some time (this puts a shell around MSIE but with the functionality of FF.)
    Now testing & browsing a lot in IE7,fullscreenfuntion is something i like the most

Gr.Hanz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture_11302006_222913.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	32751  
    IP

Some statistics about browsers:
    http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/stat_trends.htm

http://www.e-janco.com/browser.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stat1.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	33516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stat2.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	33517  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stat3.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	33518  
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Dgsgsgsgregyertgrwgwgwgwgwgwgwg
    IP

I am oldschool, I use explorer
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ren2980 View Post
    I never see those high number of IE users on one of my site (which has over 1,2 million visitors every year). The highest for example I've seen this year is something like 65% or so and now hovering around 57%. So again, who's right? Personally I think my numbers are closer to the real truth with 57% than the 76% they mention on that site, only confirmed by numbers of fellow webmasters.
    IP