Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: What web browser do you use?

Voters
725. This poll is closed
  • Internet Explorer

201 27.72%
  • Firefox

301 41.52%
  • Opera

174 24.00%
  • Other

49 6.76%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default What web browser do you use?

It hardly seems like yesterday that there was a Netscape/IE browser war. Now it's IE and Firefox, who both released new versions recently.

What's your browser of choice and why?

What do you think of the new versions of these browsers?

Do you defy convention and go for something else?

Anyone can post in this thread and vote in the poll, even if you're not registered. But registering is recommended.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Default Re: What web browser do you use?

I use firefox, but only because it has tabs. Once Internet Explorer 7 will be bug free I will switch to it I guess. It's all a matter of habbit.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

I've been using Opera since about version 6 (which I happily paid for), and am currently on versions 8.54 and 9.02.

Opera is small, fast, easy to install/move about, and since version 8.5, it's free. Opera invented the Tabbed browsing model that Firefox copied, and just works.

Opera is to browsers rather like Xara is to graphics programs.

Brian
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Sorry, but this poll doesn't make any sense to me. Why? Well, simply because I don't use one single Browser, but several. Especially I use all the browsers mentioned in the poll, but also several others (and sometimes even at the same time) as each of them has it's strengths and weeknesses.

Aksing for _the_ browser in use is just like asking for _the_ TV station one is watching - maybe there are people out there which make use of only one in both cases, but then these surely are missing something.

Well, at least that's my oppinion.

But then again I'm also one of those strange guys who use several OSes on several machines side by side (yes, there are alternatives to Windows out there).
    IP

I use Internet Explorer for two reasons
    1. It is always available on Windows machines
    2. It is required to access portions of the corporate intranet where I work.

I have FireFox for Windows but have had some issue with it not working well.

On Linux my preferred browser is Galeon. FireFox for Linux also seems to have some problems working well.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Unregistered Guest

You didn't include AOL's browser or Mozilla, they are the ones I use
    IP

Did you update your AOL browser?
    You know the latest AOL browser security advisory?
    IP

I use the Maxthon browser, which is an IE shell (i.e. you need to have IE installed in order to run it). So I dunno what to vote here. I guess it falls under "Other"?
    Anyway, Maxthon has Tabs, a pop-up blocker (not foolproof, but gets the job done as long as you stay away from those nasty sites), a compact interface and lots of user settings for customization and other features.
    I've been using it for a long time and it's better than anything else. Things are just a few clicks away with Maxthon. Its simplicity reminds me of the simplicity I see in XaraX

I only have Firefox cause the webpages I'm designing need to be compatible with it. It's not my main browser.
    Firefox is a good browser, security-wise, but IMO it fails in offering other easy usage and correct rendering of sites that otherwise render correctly in IE. Also the interface has a light unnatural feel to it.
    FF 2.0 is coming up with features that make it more like a capable browser, so I'll check the 2.0 later.

BTW, don't forget the Mac users with Safari
    IP

Hi, Antony...

Looks like a lot of us are users of multiple browsers. I have to admit that I use IE 7.0 most of the time, but I also use Firefox to check web pages.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

I downloaded both IE7 (having tried a couple of the betas) and FF2.0 within days of each other. I have to say Firefox wins hands down - faster, easier on resources, far more flexible. All my annoyances (like the old search box!) have gone, and the new version's a delight to use.

I'll still keep both installed, just to check my pages look OK in both ;-)
    IP