Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gaussian Blur plugin (as seen in Photoshop)

Does anyone know of a Gaussian Blur plugin which works in XaraXtreme, which gets the same result as the PhotoshopCS Blur plugin?

I'd like to blur a shape and the XaraXtreme's inbuild feather region tool is not 'preceise' enough for what i'm looking for.

Are there any Photoshop Blur plugins which work in XaraXtreme?

Thanks for your advice!

Default Re: Gaussian Blur plugin (as seen in Photoshop)

If you have Xara Xtreme it includes a blur plugin as standard (Live Effects > New > Enhance). It is better than GB on PS because you can group objects, give them a blur ffect, but they remain individual objects which you can move around and, if required, reduce (or even remove altogether) the amount of blur on an object by object basis.

The blur tool is much more accurate and flexible than the feather slider. IMO it is a real bonus.
    Last edited by Big Frank; 30 October 2006 at 12:45 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Gaussian Blur plugin (as seen in Photoshop)

Thanks Big Frank! The Enhance Blur effect is great, but when using it in 300DPI resolution the feather region is not big enough - it just covers the outline and doesn't reach inside the shape, the values just don't let me go that far. Of course it will take time some time to render at high values, i'm aware of that.
    Are there any other 3rd party Gaussion Blur plugins?