Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picture Frame

Default Re: Picture Frame

Salaam, I have some questions about your tut. If a person is using 3D6 to give an object(s) the 3D look, and not animate it, why do all these things?
    A: Does it make a difference what animation is used?
    B: Does it make a difference what fpc is set at since you are only using one frame - the one you are looking at.
    THREE: What does "ensure that the axis is the 3rd diagonal option" mean?

The fact that you used X3D to make portions of your frame is great and has helped me to think more about the interconnection of the two prgs., but I am not sure I understand these directions.
    -=Bob=-

Hi Bob,
    The 'ripple' animation option moves objects in a flat plane in any 2 opposite directions.
    The 'rotate' animation option moves all objects about a single centre.
    The first frame on the 'timeline' is the start/ default position. The the actual movements/ animated frames come after the start position (frame 1). This is why you will always have to 'pause' the animation at frame 2 or more. Also if you had an animation of a man walking, you may want to choose a short step rather than a fully extended step.
    The 'ripple' option has 3 movements/ axix to choose from. One of them is indicated by a arrow on the diagonal plane.
    x-x
    y-y
    z-z
    Hope that helps. I am not at home at the moment so I do not have access to X3D6 until tomorrow.

Anas

Anas, that's a very nice frame, and it's nice to see a novel use for Xara3D.

Drifter, Anas used the ripple animation to help position the elements of the frame, as it gives him finer front-to-back control than relying on different extrusions, which would have been the only other way to acheive the frame, but then the shapes would have been less subtle.

Mike

Thank you both. I have learned a lot.
    -=Bob=-

A most useful and interesting thread, this.
    Thank you.
    The perennial question: "Why didn't I think of that?"
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.