Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Esoteric Question - "mail merge" for graphics?

Alright, I'm taking a big breathe because this is like a "hail mary" ( unlikely ) but here goes:

In business, when you keep track of customers and your correspondence, you can create customized mail by merging a template with a table of actual data, resulting in individual letters to each party, each with their name, address, account info, and any other person-specific information you need to discuss in the letter or email.

Gulp. Can I do this with graphics? Like a holiday card to 47 people, but i want each person's picture, name, ( maybe even address if it will be a post card ) custom greeting in there, maybe with bevelled text, shadow, etc? Any 3rd party utilities that would integrate?

Thanks. This is not crucial to me, but just a "wonder if this is possible" question...
    Last edited by Tallis; 27 October 2006 at 04:23 PM.

Default Re: Esoteric Question - "mail merge" for graphics?

Actually, it sounds like something that would take longer to set up for automation than it would take to do it manually, unless it is something you would want to do over and over again with the same graphics.

Or am I missing something?
    ---
    Will

If you don't need drag&drop, you can use Autohotkey to create a Macro for the necessary steps.

Regards,
    Remi

Since PHP has graphics tools (albeit pretty simple) you could do it using a base image and data sucked from a mySql database.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.