Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Read Only files Coreldraw X3

I'm unable to save any of my files to their original name as Coreldraw x3 "insists" all the files I open are 'read-only' and will only save to another name. I have been using x3 without any hitches for a short while and haven't come across this before ... very frustrating! any help would be much appreciated, as I'd rather not rename all my files! cheers, Coleen
    IP

Default Re: Read Only files Coreldraw X3

Can't you uncheck "read only" on your file folder so that all files inherit those properties?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I am having the same issue and when I check the properties of the file it doesnt show it as read only. It appears to happen when I am using "offline files" and I am away and not connected to my network at my office.

IP

Perhaps it has something to do with administrative privileges and not you. Do you have a network person you can ask. This is out of my realm.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Did the original file come from a cd or dvd? I had that problem yesterday and I also checked the properties and 'archive' was the only check mark. I did get it saved but don't remember how. I think it was after I checked properties that it finally saved. I know this is not a lot of help but may 'spark' a memory in someone else.

Can anyone tell me how to keep 'mail notification' applied in Notification Type.
    IP

I've been having the same problem.

The problem occurs for me when the coreldraw file on our server is backed up. This re-sets the archive flag which confuses CorelDraw that it is read only. If I turn the archive flag back on then CorelDraw has no problems.

Looking a little deeper this confusion occurs between CorelDraw and our server running RedHat Linux 7.2. When we use our new server running Fedora 9 the problem goes away.

It is probably the way RedHat Linux 7.2 handles it's file attributes that confuses CorelDraw.

Check with your network administrator to see what server your CorelDraw files are on.

Hope this helps.

Kevin.
    IP