Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara Feather Tool

Before I go any further I must warn you I have no graphic design experience whatsoever. I am trying to teach myself but I am having minimal luck.

I need to use the Xara feathering tool. The instruction advises to select the object and then use the slide to feather. I click on the object I want to feather but my feathering tool slide remains in that inactive light gray color. I seem to have the same problem with putting text on a line. The option for this always remains inactive. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I will tell you I am using the downloaded version and have yet to load the disk- I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, can anyone refer me to a good site with tutorials that are for absolute beginners??

I'm sorry I am asking so many questions. I just really want to learn how to use Xara. Thus far I have been to create a few things and I enjoy it tremendously.

Any assistance would be extremely helpful.

Kind Regards,
    Kymberlyn

Default Re: Xara Feather Tool

Welcome to the forum.you will find lots of eager helpers here. also try this URL http://www.xaraxone.com/
    and try going to xtreme help and check changing the feathering profile then down to movies and click on "using feathering"
    ...Norman
    Last edited by parahandy; 27 October 2006 at 02:51 PM.

Welcome Kymberlyn,

Just to ensure we're all taking about the same thing here are you using Xara Xtreme for Windows or Xara XtremeLX lor Linux?
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 October 2006 at 04:27 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, Kymberlyn...

I am also relatively new to Xtreme, but am having fun learning. The best way I can imagine is to start with the tutorials in the XaraXone.

Once you get used to using it, the feathering tool will probably become one of your favorites...it certainly is one of mine!

The more time you spend with Xtreme, the more you will learn and the more fun you will have.

And there are many people in these forums who have taken the time to patiently explain things when I was having problems, and I'm sure they will do the same for you.
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Treadingh20 View Post
    Before I go any further I must warn you I have no graphic design experience whatsoever. I am trying to teach myself but I am having minimal luck.

I need to use the Xara feathering tool. The instruction advises to select the object and then use the slide to feather. I click on the object I want to feather but my feathering tool slide remains in that inactive light gray color. I seem to have the same problem with putting text on a line. The option for this always remains inactive. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I will tell you I am using the downloaded version and have yet to load the disk- I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, can anyone refer me to a good site with tutorials that are for absolute beginners??

I'm sorry I am asking so many questions. I just really want to learn how to use Xara. Thus far I have been to create a few things and I enjoy it tremendously.

Any assistance would be extremely helpful.

Kind Regards,
    Kymberlyn
    trying ungrouping the object you want to feather then reselect it and it should be possible to feather