Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Need help with Bitmap Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Here's my first attempt
    Thanks, Big Frank. Two questions:

1. How can I save your creation as a useable file for my web site? and,

2. How did you accomplish this? Do you mind giving me a step by step so I will know how to do this in the future and won't have to bother you.

If you prefer I continue our dialogue off-forum you can send an email to me at barry@barryontheweb.com. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryontheweb View Post
    If you prefer I continue our dialogue off-forum ...
    Better to keep it on-forum so that others may also learn, imo..
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Thanks, Big Frank. Two questions:

1. How can I save your creation as a useable file for my web site?
    You can't. Every original image created by a Xartist on this website is the copyright of that artist and unless you are specifically authorised to do so you can assume you may not copy the image to use on your own site. This is not a rule of this website, it is the generally accepted rule on copyright and intellectual property rights that applies in most western coutries. Some people on this site don't take this very seriously, but that could be because they have not had their online art stolen and passed off as somebody else's on another website.

2. How did you accomplish this? Do you mind giving me a step by step so I will know how to do this in the future and won't have to bother you.
    I'm in a bit of a rush right now so I don't have the time to show you in any great detail. In simple terms it is two discs (it was the identical WMF file) extruded and given a bevel and set one inside the other (the fiddly bit). Then your MBA bitmap was textured onto it and some animation added.

It is in fact a fairly simple if a little fiddly procedure so just download the attached X3D file (you will need X3D6) and play with it. There are tutorials on this very forum on how to extrude or otherwise manipulate individual objects in X3D so don't be disheartened if you cannot fathom it from the file. Just ask - you'll get crushed in the rush to help you out

The attached file includes my own background texture personalised for this site. Remove it and remember to add a background colour or texture that matches the background you will be placing your animation on. Play with the various animation options! Enjoy, and remember to share any creations you come up with on here
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:23 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Fine animation from you both Frank and Raymond. On your one Raymond if you watch it long enough, the cogs seem to change direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    The X3D file
    Originally Posted by Barryontheweb
    Intbel: thanks for creating the 3D versions of my Rotary and MBA logos. I note that both are saved in the same file. How can I separate into two files and, more importantly, what's the best way to use these animations in their respective web sites?

And, most important of all, I still have no idea how you accomplished these files. Do you mind spelling it out step by step? If I can learn how to do this I won't have to bother you.
    Thanks again.

It's not at all difficult,Barry.
    Would you put your question(s) on the forum, please?
    Thanks,
    Raymond.

I note that both are saved in the same file. How can I separate into two files ...
    In the example I posted both files were imported into the same X3D file.
    For separate animations, import each into its own X3D file.
    Alternatively, import the animation into Xara Xtreme and cutthe animation in two halves.

... and, more importantly, what's the best way to use these animations in their respective web sites?
    Um ... that one only you can answer. However you want to use them I guess.
    And, most important of all, I still have no idea how you accomplished these files. Do you mind spelling it out step by step? If I can learn how to do this I won't have to bother you.
    Thanks again.

First of all, your bitmap image needs to be changed into a vector shape to be imported into X3D.
    You can do this in Xtreme simply by removing the background from the image then save the .xar file. Also export the new shape as a bitmap.

Open X3D, clear text and border, then import the .xar file.

In colour options, choose texture and as a texture import your bitmap file you just exported from Xtreme and adjust it to fit.

That's it. All you need to do now is adjust animation, background and shadow properties.
    Last edited by Intbel; 27 October 2006 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typos
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Here is my first attempt.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The attached files took me a little bit longer.

Peter.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Excellent work Peter,

I particularly like the 3rd & 4th ones.Due to optical illusions you get the cogs going one way & the text the other.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hmm, don't know how everybody else missed the opportunity to properly 3D the cog. Here it is then:
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:23 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.