Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default exporting to swf

I'm new to xara 3D and just recently purchased the software. I seem to be having an issue when trying to save to an swf format. It either does nothing at all or the saving process starts, the green bars at the bottom show it is beginning to save and then it freezes after about 10 to 12 bars. It does create an swf file to my folder but the files show 0kb and is empty. So far, all I have tried to save is fonts, wingdings, etc. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the software just in case didn't load properly...Any suggestions?

Thanks

Default Re: exporting to swf

Hi mpb5050 and welcome,

Without seeing your original Xara 3D file it's difficult to say whats going wrong.
    Firstly are you exporting as bitmap or vector swf's?
    I would suggest the following:
    Create a very simple animation of a rectangle or a square and try to export that to swf. Does it work & can you view the swf?

If it does it might be that the swf files you're trying to generate are to big. Vector animations, especially if you're using bevels can become humongous and perhaps a bitmap swf might be the better option.

Anyway, let's know how you get on.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: exporting to swf

Do they understand "humongous" in South Carolina?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.