Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Save Template as Default

First, I would like to say Xara Xtreme is a wonderful program!

My problem is that for the life of me I cannot find the button/option to save a template as the new default template. I click on Save Template and all that is there is Name, Save in Folder, Browse Other Folder, and Cancel and Save buttons at the bottom. I see no place to indicate you want to use the template as the default.

I am running Version 0.7 rev 1692, on an Ubuntu Dapper Box. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by overland; 22 October 2006 at 07:53 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Save Template as Default

Hi Overland,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

After some experimentation I found that you should simply enter a filename and click the save button.

Your new template will appear in the File > New menu as one of the templates.

When I tried to save to the usr/share/xaralx/Templates folder I received and error because my default user account does not have permission to write to that folder.

If you want to write to that folder, you would need to run Xaralx as Root.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Save Template as Default

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Overland,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

After some experimentation I found that you should simply enter a filename and click the save button.

Your new template will appear in the File > New menu as one of the templates.

When I tried to save to the usr/share/xaralx/Templates folder I received and error because my default user account does not have permission to write to that folder.

If you want to write to that folder, you would need to run Xaralx as
    Root.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Thank you very much for your reply. Indeed, I have added my created template to usr/share/xaralx/templates folder using a gksudo nautilus command, and I have modified the preference file that is not in root, and I get the results I want - when I launch Xara, the default template I made does load like I want.

I was just hoping there was an easier way. None-the-less, I transitioned over from an XP / Coreldraw background, to the Ubuntu, Xara Xtreme combo, I have to say I am just so impressed with the linux combo.

Thanks, Again for your reply!
    Last edited by overland; 22 October 2006 at 08:46 PM.
    IP