Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: MenuMaker and IE7.. not working

Guys... please let me explain: The stars censor the s0think company (I typed zeron instead of an "o") they were spamming the forum so this word was censored by the administrator.

sunriseal didn't know that. Anyone typing the word (company's name) will get **** instead of the word. I kinda like their DHTML menu but I sure wouldn't pay the amount they ask.

Sunriseal, if you haven't already paid for the product, may I suggest you take a look at some of the free products at www.coffeecup.com there is a free DHTML simple menu. I hope it will help you out somehow.

If you wish to check the product type www.s0think.com (put "o" instead of zero)

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Sunriseal, if you haven't already paid for the product, may I suggest you take a look at some of the free products at www.coffeecup.com there is a free DHTML simple menu. I hope it will help you out somehow.
    That's the right tip, Availor. It's not necessary to buy a commercial solution for a simple DHTML menu...

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    If you wish to check the product type www.s0****.com (put "o" instead of zero)
    If they are doing their business through spamming in forums, I wouldn't check their web site. Spammers are so ...

And Sunriseal: sorry for not believing you.
    Last edited by remi; 12 November 2006 at 07:35 PM.

Hi,
    I am having the Front Page problem as well, with IE7 installed.
    I've just joined, and have read through this thread, but, no one has posted an answer yet.

Does anyone know if there is a solution from Xara yet?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sunriseal View Post
    I agree with you, but my problem is directly related to MenuMaker, a commercial product that one would have hoped would have been vetted during the IE7 testing ... by Xara....
    Your site worked fine fo me I just installed IE7 yesterday.can it be you have something switched on or off like pop up control or something.

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    Your site worked fine fo me I just installed IE7 yesterday.can it be you have something switched on or off like pop up control or something.
    It works fine because I no longer use MenuMaker.. or any Xara product!

Quote Originally Posted by mike macdonald View Post
    Hi,
    I am having the Front Page problem as well, with IE7 installed.
    I've just joined, and have read through this thread, but, no one has posted an answer yet.

Does anyone know if there is a solution from Xara yet?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Yes, don't use IE7...

I have another problem I'm hoping some one can help me with.

I'm designing a site. The menu from menu maker is working perfectly, in every browser I can find to try it in EXCEPT IE7. At first I could not see the text on the submenus, but a trip to the Menu Maker site resulted in my removing the italics property of the text on the horizontal flyouts. Now I can see the text, BUT there is a small gap between the first sub-menu and its sub-menu. When you move the mouse cursor across this gap the second flyout closes and the menu item is not selected. On all the other browsers, this gap does not exist and the sub-sub-menu works.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get it to work in IE7 (I don't have any earlier versions to try it on - Microsoft "upgraded" IE 6 to 7!!!)?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ValhallaSystems View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get it to work in IE7 (I don't have any earlier versions to try it on - Microsoft "upgraded" IE 6 to 7!!!)?

Thank you
    Uninstall IE7 (Control Panel|Add/Remove) and you will be back IE6

Uninstall IE7 (Control Panel|Add/Remove) and you will be back IE6
    I'm sorry, that is not an acceptable solution. I need the page to be viewed by a world who thinks IE is the only browser. "It comes with windows, therefore it must be the one to use. Why should I install another browser when I have one already?" This world has now had its XP installations "upgraded" to IE7 just as mine has!

What I need is a work-around to make the code work in IE7

Quote Originally Posted by ValhallaSystems View Post
    I'm sorry, that is not an acceptable solution. I need the page to be viewed by a world who thinks IE is the only browser. "It comes with windows, therefore it must be the one to use. Why should I install another browser when I have one already?" This world has now had its XP installations "upgraded" to IE7 just as mine has!

What I need is a work-around to make the code work in IE7
    EXCUSE ME!!! All I did was answer your question with what I know! I do not work for this outfit... as a matter of fact I have dumped this product and now use another that works well wilth ALL browsers... including IE7...

Perhaps you should do the same!