Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: MenuMaker and IE7.. not working

[QUOTE=ValhallaSystems;185131]

I'm designing a site. The menu from menu maker is working perfectly, in every browser I can find to try it in EXCEPT IE7. At first I could not see the text on the submenus, but a trip to the Menu Maker site resulted in my removing the italics property of the text on the horizontal flyouts. Now I can see the text, BUT there is a small gap between the first sub-menu and its sub-menu. When you move the mouse cursor across this gap the second flyout closes and the menu item is not selected. On all the other browsers, this gap does not exist and the sub-sub-menu works.

/QUOTE]

Well, I solved it by trial and error.

I remembered that I still had IE6 on a little-used older machine running W98. Its main use now is to run Ubuntu (now that's a system). I networked the two machines and tested my code in W98. It worked fine. So there is, its something about the way that IE7 renders the code differently from all the other browsers in the universe ... typical Microsoft. On a hunch I tried reducing the border size from 5 to 0 (zero) in the Menu Properties table . Its not clear from the sample above the table what that does, but it passes the "IE7 test" and now I have code that works in every browser that I can find. So now to get back to the more important task of developing content.

And to sunriseal my appologies, if appologies are needed. I had not intended to be rude. The desire to see the code in IE6 was just to try to narrow the source of the error. "Was it Microsoft, or just IE7?" The more important concern in my mind was to make it work in IE7 - after all that is what over 85% of my visitors will be using (may not be logical, but its the way the world works right now!). Uninstalling IE7 just to get IE6 was not an option.

As an aside. Loading the code into IE7 as a local file gave a security error in IE7. Loading exactly the same code into IE7 from a web server, caused no errors at all. No other browser complained either. Go figure that one! Personally, I'm just happy that it works. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[QUOTE=ValhallaSystems;185416]
    Quote Originally Posted by ValhallaSystems View Post

And to sunriseal my appologies, if appologies are needed. I had not intended to be rude. The desire to see the code in IE6 was just to try to narrow the
    source of the error. "Was it Microsoft, or just IE7?" The more important concern in my mind was to make it work in IE7 - after all that is what over 85% of my visitors will be using (may not be logical, but its the way the world works right now!). Uninstalling IE7 just to get IE6 was not an option.

As an aside. Loading the code into IE7 as a local file gave a security error in IE7. Loading exactly the same code into IE7 from a web server, caused no errors at all. No other browser complained either. Go figure that one! Personally, I'm just happy that it works. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Appologies not required... I can understand your frustraiton... MS is a real piece of work!

Further so are the vendors that DO NOT test their products against new versons of ANYTHING coming form MS.

I also installed IE7 yesterday. Later, I decided to work on my website in FP 2003 and when I refreshed the page I would continue to get a script error. I've have never had a problem like this before. What should I do? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Athenia View Post
    I also installed IE7 yesterday. Later, I decided to work on my website in FP 2003 and when I refreshed the page I would continue to get a script error. I've have never had a problem like this before. What should I do? Anyone?
    Uninstall IE7 is one suggestion....

Another would be to not PREVIEW in FP2003 but PREVIEW using an external BROWSER

Okay thank you very much but I wonder why it doesn't work?
    Last edited by Athenia; 08 December 2006 at 02:50 PM.

Wink Re: MenuMaker and IE7.. not working

Sunriseal~I'm seriously thinking of dropping them too. Twice in the last year I've sent a ticket and both times they sent me to this forum for help. I'm very thankful for this forum and all the help but you'd think Xara's support team could offer some help other than simply send you to their customers for help. Anyhow, I am looking for a new menu maker can you suggest a user friendly one? Much thanks.

Okay thank you very much but I wonder why it doesn't work?
    Perhaps Microsoft will have an answer (ie: issue a fix), but I would not hold my breath

Post Re: MenuMaker and IE7.. not working

Sunriseal...You mentioned in an earlier post that you no longer use Menu Maker and that you are now using another program that you like much better. Would you care to share the name of the program? I'm shopping. LOL

Sunriseal...You mentioned in an earlier post that you no longer use Menu Maker and that you are now using another program that you like much better. Would you care to share the name of the program? I'm shopping. LOL
    Post an Email address in Private Message and I will be more than happy to

try going to xara.com/support and searching for ie7 from the search box on the right.

you'll find 2 articles that are relevant to this thread ( menus in ie7 and FP script errors)

These articles have been present since early november