Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default MenuMaker and IE7.. not working

I have web site, http://www.sunrisedoors.com, that was working just fine in IE6 but since I installed IE7 this morning the drop down menus are BLANK...

Would appreciate someone checking out the site and letting me know if you encounter the same problem.

And any suggestions as to a resolution would be GREATLY appreciated!

Al

Default Re: MenuMaker and IE7.. not working

They work fine in Firefox 1.5. My guess is that Micro$haft has some nonstandard implementation (surprise! surprise!). Perhaps the powers that be at Xara will want to see to that if my hunch is correct.

Regards,

Alan

Using IE7 here and the drop-down menus are blank, but they do drop down and continue in succession.
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff View Post
    They work fine in Firefox 1.5. My guess is that Micro$haft has some nonstandard implementation (surprise! surprise!). Perhaps the powers that be at Xara will want to see to that if my hunch is correct.
    Yes Alan, they work fine in IE6 and FF....

Suprise, surprise for sure!!!

Have opened a ticket with support, but no response as yet....
    One would think that XARA has already tested their products with IE7....

Thank you for the response!

Al

I hear that a lot of commercial sites optimized for EI6 are not going to work so well with EI7 because Micro$haft is dropping some of its nonstandard quirks.

Regards,

Alan

Micro$haft is dropping
    nice one Alan "micro$haft droppings LTD"

Now to get back on topic: I think it's possible to make the menues work for internet explorer, since when I create a menu it works for me in iexplorer 6 and 7, so I guess there is some catch there. Maybe just make a different menu and see how it goes? I will try to figure something out later.

I hear that a lot of commercial sites optimized for EI6 are not going to work so well with EI7 because Micro$haft is dropping some of its nonstandard quirks.

Regards,

Alan
    I agree with you, but my problem is directly related to MenuMaker, a commercial product that one would have hoped would have been vetted during the IE7 testing ... by Xara....

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    nice one Alan "micro$haft droppings LTD"

Now to get back on topic: I think it's possible to make the menues work for internet explorer, since when I create a menu it works for me in iexplorer 6 and 7, so I guess there is some catch there. Maybe just make a different menu and see how it goes? I will try to figure something out later.
    I went back into FP 2003 and it is throwing a script error fit with the code that MenuMaker is generating... perhaps that is the starting point?

If you would like to see the code being generated, let me know...

I am not that familiar with javascript so a code debug will not help me. I will get back to you later one when I figure that out.

Hi,

Just checking to see if you were able to 'see' the problem and if you were any closer to suggesting a resolution.

I submitted a support ticket to Xara on 10/21/06 reporting the menus were not working when viewed using IE7 (the drop down menu boxes were BLANK).. worked with IE6 and FireFox.

As of this date, 10/28/06, the only communication I have received from Xara 'Support' is the acknowledgement that they received my initial Support Ticket....

As you can see my support experience does not display Xara in good light and very frustrating in that visitors to my WEB site using IE7 have got to try another browser....

Here's hoping you can shed some light on things

Al