[QUOTE=ValhallaSystems;185131]

I'm designing a site. The menu from menu maker is working perfectly, in every browser I can find to try it in EXCEPT IE7. At first I could not see the text on the submenus, but a trip to the Menu Maker site resulted in my removing the italics property of the text on the horizontal flyouts. Now I can see the text, BUT there is a small gap between the first sub-menu and its sub-menu. When you move the mouse cursor across this gap the second flyout closes and the menu item is not selected. On all the other browsers, this gap does not exist and the sub-sub-menu works.

/QUOTE]

Well, I solved it by trial and error.

I remembered that I still had IE6 on a little-used older machine running W98. Its main use now is to run Ubuntu (now that's a system). I networked the two machines and tested my code in W98. It worked fine. So there is, its something about the way that IE7 renders the code differently from all the other browsers in the universe ... typical Microsoft. On a hunch I tried reducing the border size from 5 to 0 (zero) in the Menu Properties table . Its not clear from the sample above the table what that does, but it passes the "IE7 test" and now I have code that works in every browser that I can find. So now to get back to the more important task of developing content.

And to sunriseal my appologies, if appologies are needed. I had not intended to be rude. The desire to see the code in IE6 was just to try to narrow the source of the error. "Was it Microsoft, or just IE7?" The more important concern in my mind was to make it work in IE7 - after all that is what over 85% of my visitors will be using (may not be logical, but its the way the world works right now!). Uninstalling IE7 just to get IE6 was not an option.

As an aside. Loading the code into IE7 as a local file gave a security error in IE7. Loading exactly the same code into IE7 from a web server, caused no errors at all. No other browser complained either. Go figure that one! Personally, I'm just happy that it works. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif