Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu vanishes when using drop downs

Hi everybody,

I will try here since support for this program does not seem to exist. I wish I knew that before I bought it.
    I get tons of email regarding upgrading to other xara products! Why would I do that if they don't support this product?

Here is my thing:
    My menu works fine until I add drop downs, after that they do not show anymore. My menu sits inside a div tag, no tables.

Can anyone here on this board please assist or give me any suggestions to why this occur. I use DW8, and browsers are IE6 and Firewoks...no show in both browsers.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Default Re: Menu vanishes when using drop downs

Hi Tom,
    I'm sorry I can't help you either and I'm also disappointed in Xara's support. I think it is absolutely terrible. They just take our money and run. It seems that other people are having problems after installing IE7 and I am too. I submitted a support ticket and still haven't heard from anyone. I think I'm going to go shopping for another menu maker.

I have not heard anything either. Reading through this forum shows that we are not alone. I have a lot of software and the support for this one ranks on the bottom. I'm sure this does not help their sales.
    I already got another menu maker.

I have zara xtreme and if it was not for Zara Zone (excellent website) I would have dropped that one too.
    All I get from xara is promtions and sales email to buy more of their products...yeah...that does not sit well with me right now.

Sorry for being so negative.

Tom

where can the problem be viewed? do you have 100% transparancy set on the menus? If yes then reduce the transparancy. Is the problem noticeable in ie7 only? If yes then search for ie7 from the xara support site and youll find the answer.

xara.com/support

here's the answer from the support site

The navbars exported from Webstyle or Menu Maker are supported by IE7.

There is a known problem at present with the sub menus of navbars when italic fonts are used. Applying italic fonts to the sub menus causes font-style:italic; to be applied to the sub menu text and this prevents the sub menu text from being displayed.

This problem occurs when a XHTML DTD is applied to a web page such as
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

The workaround is to edit the navbar and remove de-select the Italic button from the Menu Properties tab prior to saving the navbar and then uploading the associated files to your web server.