Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Save As button

Question Save As button

Unless I am missing it, I see no Save As button in the Button Palette. As often as I use Save As for backups, a button for this would be quite nice. I don't even see a keyboard shortcut for it. Am I missing something? Is there some way to create our own buttons with their own functions?
    -=Bob=-

Default Re: Save As button

There's a button for it. It looks like a floppy disk with a question mark on it (Also available as part of the "File" toolbar). There doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut for it, which seems quite odd. The best you can do is "Alt+F" followed by "a", to select it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaveAsButton.png 
Views:	248 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	30943  
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Odat, I can't believe I missed that. I looked at that palette for quite a while before posting that... and there it is. Thank you. Ctrl/alt and it is now in my toolbar.
    Thanks again.
    -=Bob=-

On a related note, once I tried to have all the info bars present, or at least 80% of them, figuring I had enough real estate to have all the tools closer at hand, but then I found that switching to Xara becamse so slow as all the bars and the open file redraws became sluggish.

I went back to only 2-3 info bars ( tool bars) displayed, and now it's much faster again. I didnt realize that it was so resource intensive to have so many bars open.