Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Under Construction

Been to the local bookstore today and as always, I browse those numerous Photoshop tutorial books that just seems to fill the shelves. PI books are pitifully few. Anyway, one of the items I remembered was a tutorial on making a wire mesh fence. Seems like a good project so I tackled this at the first free time I have. Wire fence complete, I just have to use it for something. Perhaps it would hang permanently on the website I forever seem to be planning to create... but then again, perhaps not.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnderConstruction.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	30491  
    IP

Default Re: Under Construction

The strength of Continue Draw is quite amazing. But you see things to do I have never thought about. Realistic. Very nice.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Grafixman, if you have no use of the picture you can give it to me
    I'll modify it and put it on my website I'm currently building.

www.videoxone.com I uploaded it on that link... though I guess it would be smarted if I created a subdomain or something
    IP

Availor, you're free to use it anyway you want. The same goes for everybody else. The process of creating it was the challenge for me. BTW, your site layout and graphics are very nice. The layout makes me think about another really great Russian vector graphics forum : http://www.powerclip.ru/
    Continue Draw is useful for cutting out holes in 2d path objects. That was the first part. The second more challenging part is how to create the tile for the wire fence .
    I'm now pondering on how to create such a thing with vectors. Seems a bit more tricky. In PI, it is easy to create a tiling pattern, but vectors, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Grafixman; 11 October 2006 at 01:00 AM.
    IP

IP

here's a very quicky one:

Name:	under constraction.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	30505  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman View Post
    I'm now pondering on how to create such a thing with vectors. Seems a bit more tricky. In PI, it is easy to create a tiling pattern, but vectors, I'm not sure.
    Not too difficult in PI using vectors, dunno how in rasters though lol.

Name:	under construct jpg.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	30508  
    IP

Haha, you guys are fast.
    Russian is completely Greek to me, Availor. Funny thing is whenever I see them, I unconciously try to turn my head upside down. My mind seems to see the letters as written upside down...
    Ha! Finally got Kiwi to come out of lurking. Looks good from here, but it's very small. Perhaps a closeup view of the meshwork, just to make sure you're not cheating... Did you make the entire mesh in one go or create a tiling pattern? Whenever I make tiles, I always turn everything to bitmap, so no real vector element is involved. What I meant was tiling vector elements. Simply cropping vectors square leaves me with with borders in Corel Draw when I try to tile them.
    I managed to get the shape below to tile in Corel Draw, though. One thing I learned from this exercise is it's better to do these in a bitmap program. The redrawing of the vectors got very slow in Corel Draw. Specially when zooming in and out.

Name:	vectormeshfence.gif 
Views:	374 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	30514  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman View Post
    Haha, you guys are fast.
    Russian is completely Greek to me, Availor. Funny thing is whenever I see them, I unconciously try to turn my head upside down. My mind seems to see the letters as written upside down...
    Hmm.. G-man, it's Hebrew , Russian is pretty similar to English.

This is Russian: это Руский, как не странно
    This is Henrew: זה עברית, למרות שהיא נראית הפוכה

I don't have Arabic keyboard to type in something, but I guess you'll recognize it

Hebrew and Arabic are typed from right to left.
    IP

I was just stroke by an idea! I can see if my website is user friendly if you can figure out where to click on the links! Since you can't understand a word about what it's written there, if you can find your way around then it means the navigation is easy! Grafixman you're genious!
    IP