Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Feedback on updated site please?

to Alanstancliff:

Yes "We are a friendly group of people here" as you said, but everybody have own opionon and this forum is there for to say own opinion. Good or bad.

I agree with Mchilly....youe site is so boring....I advice to look for inspiration on actual trends, graphic design etc. Learn something about design, about presentation, reset your site, and start again. It is my personal opinion.

hold on....I keep fingers
    miress
    [you see it]

Quote Originally Posted by miress View Post
    I agree with Mchilly....youe site is so boring....I advice to look for inspiration on actual trends, graphic design etc. Learn something about design, about presentation, reset your site, and start again. It is my personal opinion.
    Suggestions welcome ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Hi Intbel.

It seems to me that your site has a small identity crisis. On the one hand it has personal musings and on the other hand it's offering your services. I think that can work if your musings and the services you offer coincide, but I'm not sure that is the case here. I think most talkgraphics people accept your site as a personal one rather than a marketing one, so in that case we can accept the warts and all.

As a marketing venture it's got problems and miress and others have a point. The best way forward if you want to develop a site to market your services would be to have a marketing specific site and really work on that to get the presentation as it should be and remove any personal musings.

Big Frank has already mentioned "Before and After" magazine in another thread and that would be a great place to start; I'd also suggest googling for other sites that offer similar services and check out what the opposition is doing.

If you're approaching all this as a laid-back hobby, then just leave sleeping dogs lie, as it were.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Hi Intbel.

It seems to me that your site has a small identity crisis. On the one hand it has personal musings and on the other hand it's offering your services. I think that can work if your musings and the services you offer coincide, but I'm not sure that is the case here. I think most talkgraphics people accept your site as a personal one rather than a marketing one, so in that case we can accept the warts and all.

As a marketing venture it's got problems and miress and others have a point. The best way forward if you want to develop a site to market your services would be to have a marketing specific site and really work on that to get the presentation as it should be and remove any personal musings.

Big Frank has already mentioned "Before and After" magazine in another thread and that would be a great place to start; I'd also suggest googling for other sites that offer similar services and check out what the opposition is doing.

If you're approaching all this as a laid-back hobby, then just leave sleeping dogs lie, as it were.

Paul
    Agreed, it's neither one thing or the other.
    I don't like formal ... don't want to go too far the other way though.

No rush ... I'm still working hard at improving/acquiring skills so's I have something specific to offer. I'm mulling over a few ideas with a good friend which could very well be marketable.

My trouble is I find it difficult to be serious for more than a few minutes at a time which is why I don't go to funerals >sigh<

On the other hand, I regularly spend eighteen hours at a time working on graphics. My first serious attempt wa July this year - I have given myself twelve months to reach an acceptable standard and that is not very long so I spend the time practicing and learning rather than working on the site.

Thanks for your feedback ... if you get really bored almost certain you will find one thing of interest here, LOL!

I don't like that green much for text ...

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by grayrabbit View Post
    THe site you got now needs work.. i think it has along way to go to compete with the king websites of the internet today
    Gray rabbit where have you been down hibernating in your burrow? I see your answering postings from way back IMO no longer topical and plugging your site at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    Gray rabbit where have you been down hibernating in your burrow? I see your answering postings from way back IMO no longer topical and plugging your site at the same time.
    Hi Norman,

this is a typical SPAM bot or a spammer with too much time...

Regards,
    Remi

thanks Remi