Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Feedback on updated site please?

Okies, I have had a bit of a play and made a few changes.

Pages are now of a sensible length, some are longer than they need to be though, as I made 'em all the same length as the longest page.

Typos etcetera corrected.

Change gallery pic sizes with a second page having larger sizes.

Contact page: leaving it as it is, no reason to change it. There are no links to the site on that page and they are not needed, for when the form is filled and the 'submit' button clicked, the user is taken to another page.

Added a scrolling thingo to the home page - just two frames for now, more to come.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Talking Re: Feedback on updated site please?

Hi Intbel

Looks much better to me Raymond. Nice site. You put in a lot of work into this. I'll pm you later on after work.
    Regards,

Alan
    The unexamined life is not worth living--Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff View Post
    Hi Intbel
    Looks much better to me Raymond. Nice site. You put in a lot of work into this. I'll pm you later on after work.
    Thank you Alan.
    Lots more will be added in time.
    Look forward to your PM.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

My pleasure Raymond. I'm sure your site will grow over time. I just PM'd you.
    Regards,

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff View Post
    My pleasure Raymond. I'm sure your site will grow over time. I just PM'd you.
    Responded, thnx, Alan.
    The site is a slow work in progress ... when it feels like a chore I ignore it ... and it feels like a chore 75% of the time ..

I was checking your website a while ago and I think your website is too simple since you do graphic arts, you might as well put graphic design in the homepage or something to catch attention, sorry but I have to say its quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mchilly View Post
    I was checking your website a while ago and I think your website is too simple since you do graphic arts, you might as well put graphic design in the homepage or something to catch attention, sorry but I have to say its quite boring.
    What do you suggest?

Hi Mchilly,

I see you're new here, so welcome aboard. We are a friendly group of people here.

I suspect Raymond isn't going to respond directly to your statement that his site is "boring." With all due respect, that characterization does not give him feedback he can use to improve his site.

In my opinion, Raymond's site is not boring. But then he's an on-line buddy of mine. It is a personal site, not a business site, so I was not bored looking at it, even though it certainly is not the most flashy and compelling location on the web.

From what I know of Raymond, graphics is a hobby and his site is a hobby too. He will charge one a nominal fee for making a signature, but that's because a lot of people have asked him and he didn't have the time to fulfill all the requests. He is currently "redundant" (a horrible term), and he has been spending his time on art, music, motorcycles, and an approach to "personal development." He's been on this board for donkey's years and has made lots of contributions here.

So what Raymond is trying to do is learn about building a site, showing of some of his artwork, providing a place for a few friends to talk about stuff, (his forum), and as he says, it's a work in progress. Even making a simple site is a fair amount of work and involves a fair amount of tedium. Probably when he gets bored, he whips out his mandolin and practices that for a while. What Raymond would appreciate are specific suggestions about how he can improve his site.

We engage in a fair amount of good-natured ribbing of each other here, and it has been rumored that some of us are a bit eccentric. But most of us (at least in our better moments) attempt to be supportive of others efforts when they ask for help.

Looking over your site, I see you have some experience in graphics and web sites. We will welcome all contributions you can make here too.
    Regards,

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    What do you suggest?
    May I suggest the following: Go to your promp command and type in format:c\
    then press enter.

Will solve all your problems trust me

To be honest: Your site is still too long, I like your flash scroller but there is an empty cell so either put more information or remove it.

Your Javascript has a bug (for me using a firefox) Check the screenshot - that's what I see when I press the arrows.

Keep it up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	31724  

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    May I suggest the following: Go to your promp command and type in format:c\
    then press enter.
    Will solve all your problems trust me
    I have no problems ..
    To be honest: Your site is still too long, I like your flash scroller but there is an empty cell so either put more information or remove it.
    There will be more cells. There will always be a blank cell between the end and the beginning of the sequence.
    Your Javascript has a bug (for me using a firefox) Check the screenshot - that's what I see when I press the arrows.
    I reckon Firefox has a bug