Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default gone for the half constructed look

dont have much to put on my site at the moment so i thought i'd go for the half finished look

here

Regards

manny2k

Default Re: gone for the half constructed look

Manny your website is wonderful by it's beauty and originality.
    I had the same idea like you did with your intro (foudn the topic but appearently I've deleted the source file http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...imation+forum).

I've made my animation with frame-by-frame animation, how did you create your "print screen" intro? Did you do a frame-by-frame animation or you've created a screen capture?

Hi Availor

Thanks for your kind words

Believe it or not that intro is a frame by frame animation with a lot of "ease" in the tweens, although it does have other movie clips that get triggered along the way in the timeline, has very little Actionscript mostly a lot of gotoAndPlay’s. It was a bit of a headache keeping track of it all…….nothing new there then for me.

with ref: to you link Availor
    I was going to re-create the toolbar of the graphics package I use but changed my mind 1st: I thought I might bring me a copyright issue and 2nd I didn’t want it to look like a training video, so I drew one instead.

Regards

Manny2k
    Last edited by manny2k; 03 February 2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: read Availor link

Manny it does work, but the content will only last for a few weeks and then clients will want to see more substance to see the full range and check that the CGI scripts work, ie that the login works. Also with your fresh way of displaying email address surely it must lead to a form and not just start up your email editor
    Last edited by Albacore; 03 February 2007 at 01:27 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I’m glad you pointed out the e-mail Albercore as I was thinking of pointing it to a form but that’s as far as I got (thinking) I don’t like filling in forms , in fact most people don’t, personally I don’t think the addition of a form would enhance the site much if at all, opening an e-mail client is suffice for my site at this moment in time and has a more personal feel about it, well more personal that a cold form, but this is open to change as and when/if needed (a clients would and could be another story after all their the boss )

The login does work albeit to a blank page with just a logout button, a new client’s work will appear there soon for them to sign off, thanks for your reply.

Regards

Manny2k

Btw I like your quote “Good design is a lot of hair pulling” never a true word spoken

Manny, I may suggest you use the wink free software. You can take screen captures and export it as a frame-by-frame animation. It will take you less time. I have a new project I'm working on that I want to create some animations using screen grabs, something like you've done in the introduction.

About copyrights, I think this is not a problem at all, on the contrary, you are making a commercial for the company who's software you are using.

For example, if I'm a website developer and I use DreamWeaver, which is known to be the web standart, this is my right to show others my "work in process". Furthermore, it shows people that "dreamweaver is used in another design".

It's like Google, everyone knows it, but you still see lots of it's logos all over the web "powered by google" and such.

Fantastic site, it looks really............clean (don't know if that the correct word) but it looks bright and innovative. great work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, don't fully understand how you done it using screen grabs? is that right? any info would be cool