Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Considering Menu Maker purchase

There's not much support needed for the product, it's cheap and is rather simple.

I think I may just give this one a "body swerve" as it doesn't look too popular from the comments posted.... Perhaps Xara should be taking notes...

Andy

Andy, we do not work for xara. We are plain forum visitors so that's there's no interest in advertising. I told you my personal opinion: Xara menu maker is a rather simple product. In my opinion nothing much to explain - it makes menues. I bought it, I rarely use it (in the purpose of tutorials making mostly), and I think it's one's personal choice to buy or not to buy it. There are numerous products which are similar. I cannot tell you which one is the best. If you asked about Xara Xtreme you'd get all thumbs up. I have never met a similar product at a similar price in the market. Menumaker is not "special" in any kind. Again, it's purpose is to make menues. No special skills required. It is one's personal choice. Personaly I cannot say much about it. It does what it's been paid for. It serves the purpose like advertised. Now the choice is yours

I DO understand that no one on here is advertising Xara products no matter what they are. I also understand comments are individual's personal opinions. I made my own personal opinion too, and guess there is probably open source software and scripts on various sites which perform the same rudimentary functions.
    I thank you for your valued comments, one and all.

Cheers
    Andy

If you are after freeware you can download one from HERE
    Its plain and simple DHTML menu.

Many thanks for the link.
    I've been trying to incorporate the "son of suckerfish".

Cheers
    Andy

Menu Maker is simple and effective at what it does: creating NavBars with DHTML menus for websites with very little fuss.

It's not perfect, some people have issues as is discussed in this forum, but the fact is that most people buy the product and are very happy with it. The forum gives a slanted view because people only come here if they have a problem. It's not really a product like, say with Xtreme, where people can come and show off the great things they've done with the program.

But why not give it a try? You can download a free trial, and see if it works to your needs. There's a 30 day money back guarantee. And remember the product only costs $25. So I say give it a go and see if you like it.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I may well give it a try.....

Andy

I have also found the Likno products for navigation. I was after something quick to save a bit of time on site development and production of graphics for navigation bars... does anyone use or know the Likno product? What I want to build are css/js menus with customised images as link buttons and such dhtml software looks like it'll do it quickly

Cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyD; 31 January 2007 at 10:17 AM.

its a good program, i used webstyle and no problems with it but due to a big computer crash lost all my webstyle files and when i reinstalled and tried to start from scratch i had more problems and gave up on it for a time, so got the trial of memumaker, its a great little program, not a good as webstyle but for the money its great. i've uninstalled webstyle and reinstalled it and its back to working properly now, so can use either.

where i think its strengths are, is drop down menus and easy editing, as intbel says rollovers buttons can be made in xtreme and hyperlink text works fine but i really like drop down menus so rollover and text just aren't good enough.

if you can get webstyle then go for that but for $25 menumaker is a cheap way to save time doing great navbars