Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Considering Menu Maker purchase

HI All,
    I have been considering purchasing menumaker recently however I see that there are many issues being posted on the forum regards positioning. I wondered if anyone was using and could recommend the software? All the problems are very much disconcerting.

Cheers
    Andy

Default Re: Considering Menu Maker purchase

I don't use Menu Maker or Webstyle from Xara, but on the other side I don't understand, why there are so much Menu Maker/Webstyle users who aren't able to use the search function in this forum.

And it seems, only few Menu Maker/Webstyle users are willing to help other users in this area of the talkgraphics.com-Forum...

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 19 October 2006 at 04:15 PM.

I have never really understood the point of Menu Maker.
    If you want rollover buttons they can be made in Xtreme and hyperlinked text works just fine, or hyperlinked images.

I'm probably missing something here and if so, no doubt someone will say what it is I am missing?
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Andy, I have menumaker, and I use it solely for the purpose of making the tutorials of how to use it If you can code - you don't need it. If you need it but you're afraid you won't get along with it, don't be, see THIS thread, THIS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    I don't use Menu Maker or Webstyle from Xara, but on the other side I don't understand, why there are so much Menu Maker/Webstyle users who aren't able to use the search function in this forum.

And it seems, only few Menu Maker/Webstyle users are willing to help other users in this area of the talkgraphics.com-Forum...

Remi
    Those are mostly new members only visiting the forum in the purpose of getting help, some are not very agile with the computer at all, so the search function is out of the question. It makes sense, since I don't think a webmaster will need menumaker or webstyle. Those products are for people who know little or nothing about websites, and computers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Those are mostly new members only visiting the forum in the purpose of getting help, some are not very agile with the computer at all, so the search function is out of the question. It makes sense, since I don't think a webmaster will need menumaker or webstyle. Those products are for people who know little or nothing about websites, and computers at all.
    Yes, you're right. But there are a lot of "Menu Maker not working with Dreamweaver/Frontpage/other editor" questions and also "unlock" problems. It seems to me, the product isn't good enough for people with little HTML skills or the documentation is bad.

If I were Xara, I would work a little bit on this, because it seems, that most of the posts here comes from frustrated users with nearly the same problems all the time.

Remi

I started using Menu Maker about 2 years ago. I did not know HTML or JavaScript and very little about Dreamweaver. It was very easy to use and the interface with Dreamweaver MX was very easy.

Since that time I have learned both HTML, JavaScript and Dreamweavers way of creating Navigations (now in version 8). I still use Menu Maker for most of my sites. If the nav is going to be easy and not have to changed, I will write script to handle those or use Dreamweaver to create the nav. However, when needing drop down (or out) menus, I find MenuMaker to cut my time because I do not have to keep making the graphics for the additional pages.

I really love the product and highly recommend it to anyone. I posted a question about the Firefox issue because one of my sites was having problems, not all of them. I assumed it was in the code and was hoping that someone here could help.

I have not used any of the other software programs, extreme, etc. only MenuMaker and I swear by it. The interface with Dreamweaver is very easy and I have not had any problem using MenuMaker within it.

I hope this helps you

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Yes, you're right. But there are a lot of "Menu Maker not working with Dreamweaver/Frontpage/other editor" questions and also "unlock" problems. It seems to me, the product isn't good enough for people with little HTML skills or the documentation is bad.

If I were Xara, I would work a little bit on this, because it seems, that most of the posts here comes from frustrated users with nearly the same problems all the time.

Remi
    I think this can be sorted out with few basic tutorials, like the one I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    I think this can be sorted out with few basic tutorials, like the one I made.
    Or with an easy interface in Menu Maker together with answers of frequently asked questions for new users. For example: If you needs some steps to integrate Menu Maker with Dreamweaver or MS Frontpage, Menu Maker should offer a assistent to show or print out the necessary steps to reach the goal. A simple solution, easy to code for a developer, reduced work for Xara's support and happier customers. That's the Art of Computer Programming.

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    HI All,
    I have been considering purchasing menumaker recently however I see that there are many issues being posted on the forum regards positioning. I wondered if anyone was using and could recommend the software? All the problems are very much disconcerting.

Cheers
    Andy
    I submitted a support ticket to Xara on 10/21/06 reporting the menus were not working when viewed using IE7 (the drop down menu boxes were BLANK).. worked with IE6 and FireFox.

As of this date, 10/28/06, the only communication I have received from Xara 'Support' is the acknowledgement that they received my initial Support Ticket....

Something that should be considered..........

I have purchased Menu Maker and I must tell you, unless you have Dreanweaver or Frontpage.....forget about the product. The support is null and response from support very very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    HI All,

Cheers
    Andy