Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: independent movement

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Make sure you guys take note of what Egg did (great job, Egg) with the use of the extra lines to the left and right of each shape. This ensures that when these objects are brought from Xtreme into 3D that they will all be the right size and aligned properly. There are more threads discussing this, with some great info from simsmj.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction where to find more info on doing this? I appreciate the work everyone has done to help with this animation, but i am interested in learning how to do this for myself so i won't have to rely on other peoples time and work.

Egg Bramhill (when he's not in the oven) is constantly making extremely useful and well-done tutorial videos (with audio).
    On this link you can check out the 3D re-sizing pixels video.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...%27s+tutorials
    -=Bob=-

Egg Bramhill (when he's not in the oven) is constantly making extremely useful and well-done tutorial videos (with audio).
    On this link you can check out the 3D re-sizing pixels video.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...%27s+tutorials
    Thanks again for the help.
    I watched the video..excellent help...but is there a way to get rid of the "Sizing pixels" that he uses??
    All my animations get reduced to 240x320. Below is a copy of the animations that I make for cell phones...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...tateripple.gif
    Last edited by Pipe Guy; 22 October 2006 at 10:54 PM. Reason: need to add image

Wow! Great job on the anim!
    To get rid of the sizing marks I usually open the anim in Xtreme and frame by frame cover them with white rectangles (if the background is white).
    -=Bob=-

Pipe,

Great Animation.

but is there a way to get rid of the "Sizing pixels" that he uses??
    There are 2 ways. The easy way:

Create the sizing pixels outside the view of your intended animation (as in the image below). Now set the Font Size (which normally defaults to "Fit to Width") to a value that suites your intended final animation size. You can type in a value up to 288pt.

Now reduce your window size to the desired size (240 x 320 in your case)

Hold down the Alt key and move the animation around the screen until your happy.

Export as animated gif, current window size. On an animation like yours above, the sizing pixels will fall outside the (above & below) the animation and won't be rendered.

The HARD way.

With some animation types you can't use the above method. Then you have to create the animation as normal and import into Xara Xtreme and "Paint Out" the offending sizing pixels by hand.

Hope this helps.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here, try this. Just open it and export at the current window size. Then enlage the window until you can see the sizing pixels. You should be able to see how to hide them on a simple animation. Unfortunately 288pt is not very big, but then you don't want stonking big gif's for mobile phones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	predators_ani.gif 
Views:	289 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	31005  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg. That is very precise and exactly what I too wanted to know.
    -=Bob=-

Wow! Great job on the anim!
    To get rid of the sizing marks I usually open the anim in Xtreme and frame by frame cover them with white rectangles (if the background is white).
    Well...I used the sizing pixels and that little trick works like a charm! Thanks for everyones help
    I still have problems with the Sizing Pix being seen in my animations. How do i get my 3D animation into Xtreme to "white out" the pixels??

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...y2006/osu1.gif

PipeGuy,

I don't know how you ended up with 4 (instead of 2) sizing pixels in your animation but with this type of animation it's quite easy to hide them.

Watch the video tutorial HERE and notice at the very end how using a set font size (instead of Fit to Width) you can reduce the Xara3D window size down to lose the sizing pixels. 255pts is the max font size so you might not quite get an image this big, but it's the quickest way.
    Egg

the four pix...well...it had me confused as well until i remembered that for this anim I was playing around with having multiple styles of movement for different parts if the object. If you look closely, you will see that the very bottom piece is spinning opposite to the rest...
    Guess I should fix that, eh?!?
    What i have started to do for removing these pixels, is open the animation in ADOBE IMAGEREADY and frame-by-frame erase these pix. Since most of my animations are 20 frames or less, only takes 2 minutes.