Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu Maker - IE 7.0 & Firefox problems

Hello, I have been using Xara for 2 years without any problems - until now. I currently have several sites running with this menu maker and love it. However, none of the sites menu will run properly on IE 7.0 and I have one that Firefox does not like (www.gospelharvester.com) The menu will jump down to the middle of the page and I cannot figure out why. Again, the other sites are working fine in Firefox, just this one has that issue.

The following sites will not work properly using Menu Maker with IE 7.0. www.fullturn.com / www.amfusion.com / www.touchthefire.com / www.gospelharvester.com

Any advice would be appreciated as I am in the process of updating each site and need to know if I should pursue a new way to create the navigation,
    Denise
    I do have the latest version according to the update within Menu Maker 1.1

Default Re: Menu Maker - IE 7.0 & Firefox problems

Hello, welcome in.

I am using firefox and I also see your menues jump in the middle of the screen, I don't have internet explorer 7 installed on this computer so I cannot approve/disapprove the functions in iexplorer 7.

They look great in IE6.
    I just googled "menus not working in ie7" and there's a lot to read about it.
    -=Bob=-

I'm viewing your pages in IE7 and the submenus show no text whatsover. I'm ready to give up on Menu Maker altogether as support for this product doesn't exist.

ie 7 issue - view http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2519

firefox issue - remove the menu from the relative positioned div by deleting the div. This resolves the firefox display problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenae View Post
    Hello, I have been using Xara for 2 years without any problems - until now. I currently have several sites running with this menu maker and love it. However, none of the sites menu will run properly on IE 7.0 and I have one that Firefox does not like (www.gospelharvester.com) The menu will jump down to the middle of the page and I cannot figure out why. Again, the other sites are working fine in Firefox, just this one has that issue.

The following sites will not work properly using Menu Maker with IE 7.0. www.fullturn.com / www.amfusion.com / www.touchthefire.com / www.gospelharvester.com

Any advice would be appreciated as I am in the process of updating each site and need to know if I should pursue a new way to create the navigation,
    Denise
    I do have the latest version according to the update within Menu Maker 1.1

Info Re: Menu Maker - IE 7.0 & Firefox problems

See if you have a Doctype declaration at the top of your HTML. I had a weird problem with MM drop downs jumping around and being unuseable in IE7. The site I'm working on was built with Expression Web 2.

Anyway, Xara was saying in the ONE support article they have that the doctype can cause problems with italics in the menus ... I didn't have italics but I looked further into the doctype issue and tested by removing the entire statement from the top

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Problem disappeared immediately!

Hope this helps someone else ... I ripped out a fair bit of hair ovr the last couple weeks trying to get answers from Xara and trying to figure it out

I've used it for years and never had a problem, but this last project, no matter what I did, the text in the drop down menus was not showing up.

Then I read the previous post about italics. I removed the italics in the drop down menu, and the client can now see the drop down text.

I too pulled out a few hairs and was ready to scrap this and try something else.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!