Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re: New Xara support site (feedback thread)

HELP. I was not able to get through to tech support on the link you provided. My problem is I am working with Dreamweaver 8 and when I use the nav bar on my website, (I am using Internet Explorer) the nav bar will not show until I allow it to show a pop up window. I know all I have to do it ok it but as a webmaster I do not want my visitors to have to click on someething to view the nav bar. Any ideas on how I can get the nav bar to stop becoming a pop up?
    I bought this program for the main reason of using a nav bar with drop down menus and as it stands now I am not very happy with this program if itwill always do this when I use it on my webpage.
    Please help.
    I appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thanks
    Valcal

Default Re: New Xara support site (feedback thread)

Valcal, I suspect the problem you are having is because of the security settings on your Browser. The navbar uses javascript and I think what you are referring to is ie asking confirmation that it is allowed to run javascript.

This particular "problem" is not particularly related to Xara since just about any animated menu bar will use javascript for the animation.

You really have two choices - change the security settings on your browser to allow javascript to run without confirmation, or create a navigation bar animated using CSS - in which case you could still use Xara for graphics.

The problem you and your potential website visitors face is really one of deciding how secure your web browsing is. The navbar uses javascript (as do many web navbars and pages) - there is little alternative for the kind of navbar Xara builds.

So, I sympathise with the problem/dilemma, but it's not Xara specific. For any sophisticated behaviour on a webpage you will need to run javascript and/or another technology such as Flash. If that's a problem go with CSS.

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 18 October 2006 at 01:06 PM.

Default Re: Dreamweaver issues

Valcal said, he has a popup window warning. I'm not sure, if this problem is triggered by deactivated JavaScript?

Is there a link or source code available?

Remi