Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problem with Menu maker using firefox

Ok wait for me to upload just the menu on my server and see if it works for you, if it does then the problem is not in the menu.

Just a thought: If you use Intranet, then you use it only at work, right? Why do you use Firefox then? I mean if it's only intranet you shouldn't care about firefox.
    Last edited by Availor; 17 October 2006 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Ok wait for me to upload just he menu on my server and see if it works for you, if it does then the problem is not in the menu.

Just a thought: If you use Intranet, then you use it only in work, right? Why do you use Firefox then? I mean if it's only intranet you shouldn't care about firefox.
    Very true, but it's just people here use the internet and intranet. I would like them to have firefox for the internet, but they wouldn't know to change browsers for separate uses, so they would use firefox as the default.
    Thanks for all your help mate!

Ok here's the link, try to view it with firefox, it works perfectly fine for me.
    http://www.videoxone.com/Menu/PlainRound.html

The only explanation I might have is that you are running a linux server, and that is case sensitive, which means the code is refering to the same link but with different uppercase/lowercase. For example: If you type:
    http://www.videoxone.com/menu/PlainRound.html you will get a 404 error (lower case "m"). I am not sure this is true, either that or something else is messed up.

Again: menumaker is not the problem here it uses plain javascript which is all browsers compatible.

EDIT: Download I-explorer 7 it has a firefox-like settings so it won't make any problems.

My opinion: Solve the problem the most effecient way not the hardest way. There is no "correct" approach, there is a working and not working approach. Your company's website does not sell stuff, so it does not have to attract clients. It would be easier and more cost effective to just type "compatible with internet explorer only" than to waste time (which is money) and find the problem. Installing Internet explorer 7 will solve the problem along with reteining the firefox experience (using tabs). I think it is more effective - does not require any changes and saves you/the project engineer the headache.
    Last edited by Availor; 17 October 2006 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Ok here's the link, try to view it with firefox, it works perfectly fine for me.
    http://www.videoxone.com/Menu/PlainRound.html

The only explanation I might have is that you are running a linux server, and that is case sensitive, which means the code is refering to the same link but with different uppercase/lowercase. For example: If you type:
    http://www.videoxone.com/menu/PlainRound.html you will get a 404 error (lower case "m"). I am not sure this is true, either that or something else is messed up.

Again: menumaker is not the problem here it uses plain javascript which is all browsers compatible.

EDIT: Download I-explorer 7 it has a firefox-like settings so it won't make any problems.

My opinion: Solve the problem the most effecient way not the hardest way. There is no "correct" approach, there is a working and not working approach. Your company's website does not sell stuff, so it does not have to attract clients. It would be easier and more cost effective to just type "compatible with internet explorer only" than to waste time (which is money) and find the problem. Installing Internet explorer 7 will solve the problem along with reteining the firefox experience (using tabs). I think it is more effective - does not require any changes and saves you/the project engineer the headache.
    Ok mate, thanks alot for all your help! I'll try and sort it, if not, then like you say, just use IE7.
    Thanks again!

Let me know what you've came up with eventualy