Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Export .swf

Question Export .swf

Hello,
    When I export animation as a .swf Xara3D-6 completely locks up. Frozen solid! Has anyone experienced this and if so is there a fix?
    Thank you,
    YT2S

Default Re: Export .swf

Have you got all the patches..I believe there is one..but I don't use..the program much? I did export once into swf and was happy with reslults.
    Jim

Does this happen with every SWF export that you try? Or only the one you have had the problem with? Try creating a very simple X3D animation, remove all designs, all extrudes, all bezels, all shadows, all textures, and try exporting that as SWF. If that works then it may be that your X3D file contains a problem the SWF export module cannot cope with. If it's not too much effort, try recreating your image from scratch and see if you still get the same problem on export to SWF. Keep us posted.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Does this happen with every SWF export that you try? Or only the one you have had the problem with?
    Yes. It does indeed happen with every .swf I attempt to generate.

If it's not too much effort, try recreating your image from scratch and see if you still get the same problem on export to SWF. Keep us posted.
    This is also something that I have tried. Believe it or not that is the first thing I tried.

Try creating a very simple X3D animation, remove all designs, all extrudes, all bezels, all shadows, all textures, and try exporting that as SWF.
    This I have not tried yet. I will try this tonight and post an update here.

To answer the first suggestion posted here about downloading the patches, I am not seeing any patches available for the V6 product. I have however had an enormous problem accessing my account. So I have another question along this line.....

Now follow me on this....: I log into my account, then try to navigate to other pages within the account. The only thing I get is "Sorry! Timed out". So, I look through the help files and see this very topic. They suggest that I must allow session cookies. I checked my settings on every peice of software I have from my browser to my internet security to make sure that session cookies are allowed. They are. So that's fine. But, still I cannot navigate through my account. Incidently, the Xara account is the only online account out of many, that I am having problems with.

Do you guys have any suggestions there?

Try creating a very simple X3D animation, remove all designs, all extrudes, all bezels, all shadows, all textures, and try exporting that as SWF.
    Well now. It worked! That was good advice. So I tried exporting .swf's with bevels, and animations, etc. and .......if I actually wait like 20 minutes without touching anything else at all on my computer then they export fine too. So it really isn't frozen, it is just very very very very very slow.....

That does seem very unreasonable though doesn't it?

What are your takes on it now?
    Thank you,
    YT2S

YT2S

Flash can't handle all bevels etc. If you click on the Flash icon (Lightening Flash) Xara3D shows you what it can & can't do in Flash. To be honest if you're going to be exporting anything with a lot of curves to Flash you're better off using the swf(bitmap) option rather than the swf(vector) option.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host