Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cant find menu

Default Re: cant find menu

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Availor, how are you (and the guys in the Linux threads) inserting those scrolling boxes into the forum?
    Is it possible to also do that with pictures?

I'm sorry Drifter but that is classified material only to be exposed to authorised personnel...

Please fill in a request form and we will return to you in 365 business days.

Or you could just click the "#" icon on your top bar and get the "["CODE][/CODE"]" tags (remove the " on both sides) and paste whatever you like between them

Hahahahaha. Thanks buddy. So... do you think a pic would work? Would a series of pics vertically lined up show up with scroll bars?
    -=Bob=-

Well yes, at some point it will scroll down (it's automatic), so when you put an image, press Enter, put another one etc eventualy it will get you a scroller bar.

Are you in need of creating an online forum gallery? Rather good idea now that you mentioned it

Dave, your code is completely messed up, I've patched it up for you a bit, but you seem to either have messed something or you don't have all the images.

This subject was already mentioned somewhere before: It will be much quicker to learn HTML and CSS than use any WYSIWYG editor. It will also give you better results.

Personaly, I wouldn't ever use webstyle or any other WYSIWYG software.

Grab a book, take 2-4 days off and you'll be a CSS pro. That's about the time you've already wasted on trying to figure out how to put the menues on.
    I say it out of personal experience.

The software is a good helper but NOT a website builder. Don't expect it to make a site for you. You can use it to create menues and layouts but you'll have to know how to adjust a code.

Anyhow, here's your file, the menues appear (notice I put back your xara.js file in your images folder) but it's still messed up.

Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have to say I agree,

I use Dreamwaver all the time and from my point of view the WYSIWYG is very usefull but it does not replace some basic knowledge about HTML.

CSS is a stage up the ladder and is very usefull"

As for webstyle I have itand use it as a source for graphics and design ideas I'd never use it a site designer.

Ian

Hi guys , thanks all for your help , but I have the problem sorted.
    I am using the trial version of menu maker and it is working fine, its only when I use webstyle and then nav nenus that I am getting the problems, any ideas could it be a problem in webstylr menu part of the program, have a look www.irishwebcreations.com , many tyhanks

I don't see any menues on your website.

I don't think it has to do with the trial version. The menu maker generates a clean code (I've explained and showed you earlier) so I think it's up to you to input the code inside your site.

Hi

As far as I was aware the webstyle software contains the menumaker program so why use both.

I've never used menumaker but there could be a conflict between the two peices of software. You'd have to ask on the webstyle forum but I think I read that the two are not compatible

Ian