Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Helllppp!!!

Default Helllppp!!!

If anyone can help would be ecstatic.

I have been using serif drawplus, and the one thing i want to do is put a picture into a shape and then replicate this. Not a problem if the picture does nor stray out of the lines of the shape.

is there a way of cropping the image to fit the shape? or a another suitable program that will do this and replicate?

Thanks John

Default Re: Helllppp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 180darts View Post
    If anyone can help would be ecstatic.

I have been using serif drawplus, and the one thing i want to do is put a picture into a shape and then replicate this. Not a problem if the picture does nor stray out of the lines of the shape.

is there a way of cropping the image to fit the shape? or a another suitable program that will do this and replicate?

Thanks John
    Xara Xtreme accomplishes this most admirably and with minimum effort.
    D'loading a trial and coming back here for help could be a very useful thing to do.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Hello, welcome to the forum.

What you are describing sounds to me like a simple crop or a clipping mask. Since I am not that familiar with draw plus I cannot guide you on that particular software, but I can advise you through basic aspects of the cropping/clipping technique.

Basicaly, you need to subtract the part you do not want from your photo, or clip the area you do want (it's practicaly the same). To do so, you'll need to find the cliping or subtracting function in any software you are using.

To be less abstract I'll give you an example from Xara: Lay your photo, then lay a shape (any shape, either freehand drawn or any other shape you like) above it so that shape obscures parts of your photo you'd like to keep.

Now select both your shape and the photo, and press Ctrl+3. The part you wanted will remain and the parts outside the of it will disappear.

For more information, follow THIS link.

Regards,

Availor.

Alternatively, draw a shape ove the part you don't want, select shape and picture, press ctrl+2 and the part you don't want will be removed
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.