Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ASP login useful program

Thanks for the links remi,

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    And you already know, the most important PHP company is from Israel...
    Actually I dont know. The funny thing is that I work in the Omer Industrial Park (you need iexplorer to view it) as a security guard, but never actually got inside the high tech buildings. I see all those billioners drive their million-dollar cars by, or land their private choppers Well ok I saw a chopper there only once, but still...

I wanted to apply for a job in one of the companies (thus I'm building my website - for personal resume and portfolio). Now you get the whole picture... sort of. I have an advantage because some of the owners are really nice and stop by for a cup of coffee and a friendly chat while I'm on duty.

Since most of the students are working as security guards (nice and clean work after military service) people looking for good workers for high - tech companies actually talk to security guards, waiters etc... since 90% of all these jobs are filled with students. Some work places are "especialy made" for students.

i.e. In my working place the shifts are made so I can take my classes right after work, we have Internet connection, we're allowed to use laptops and learn while on duty. Also I can take as little/many shifts as I want so if I have an exam I will not show up for work. It's very conveniet...

imagine many of the posts I make to this forum are either from collage, from work, from home or from a cafe with wi-frame connection. So while you see me online I might not at all be at the same place

Just a comment on ASP... It will tend to be found on the larger corporate sites - if they use SQL server, it follows more naturally. But then there is .NET; no something I know anything about.

I agree on PHP - really the best route for you to take. If you have done any VBA in Access, although ASP is closer, you will see the parallels in PHP.

And on keys, yes Juergen's point is true (although can you can export data and preserve the increment) - but the *key* thing is not to put loads of business value in a key - like department number. Every company reorg will mess it up!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Actually I dont know.
    Zend Technologies Ltd. is "the PHP company" - "a world wide web infrastructure software company with headquarters in Cupertino, California, USA and has offices in Israel, France, Germany and a representative in Japan.

Zend is best known for its founders Andi Gutmans and Zeev Suraski who, along with other Israeli graduates of the Technion and Rasmus Lerdorf, have created PHP 3.

The company's operations are currently centered on the development of products relating to the development, deployment and management of business critical PHP based web applications, including Zend Studio." (source: Wikipedia article about Zend Technologies Ltd.)

contact address:
    Zend Technologies, Ltd.
    7 Abba Hillel Street
    Silver Building
    Ramat Gan, Israel 52136
    http://www.zend.com/

Regards,
    Remi

Thanks remi! Maybe I will send them my resume in the near future! I guess I need to start applying for a highly paid job now, not when I finish my studies because then it'll be too late. I actualy want to start working when I graduate, not start looking for work.

This thread is wandering off a bit but make sure that first employer knows why they want you and can offer you broad and deep experience - not tucking you in some obscure corner. I would worry if I got a job offer after a 20 minute interview - three hours means they really know you and vice versa. And ideally, the payscale should be a lower priority for that first job!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk