Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: My Revamped Site

well i seem to be getting more and more spam, kaspersky catches it but it would be better to get a lot less, so basically if you put the email address in an image people have to type it in to an email
    ............................................i wonder if they would do that or just not bother any other options that work by clicking?

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff View Post
    I know it looks like I have used the HTML mailto command, but if you look at the source code of my page, you won't find the mailto command.
    Excellent job Alan, sorry for the mistake I made.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlare View Post
    Excellent job Alan, sorry for the mistake I made.
    Golly BlueFlare, there's absolutely no need to apologize. Out of the goodness of your heart and a spirit of helpfulness, you made several very good comments that lots of folks can and will benefit from. I appreciated your taking time to warn me. What if I hadn't known about mailto? Maybe someone else will be able to profit from your good advice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by suunto View Post
    .......what do you do instead of mailto:
    ? thanks
    I encoded my email address into a form not easily read by robots. Here are some links:
    • My favorite is Enkoder. It allows for a certain flexibility in formatting.
    • Another good one is the Address Munger.
    • This site has a good explanation of what BlueFlame warned us about. (Yup, Ray, a preposition at the end of the sentence. Whaddaya expect from a bleeding Yank? ). There are some good suggestions there too.
    Regards,

Alan
    The unexamined life is not worth living--Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff View Post

I encoded my email address into a form not easily read by robots. Here are some links:
    • My favorite is Enkoder. It allows for a certain flexibility in formatting.
    • Another good one is the Address Munger.
    • This site has a good explanation of what BlueFlame warned us about. (Yup, Ray, a preposition at the end of the sentence. Whaddaya expect from a bleeding Yank? ). There are some good suggestions there too.
    nice one, thank you

I got around the spam problem by using this contact form, the software for which is available from Coffee Cup Software - trial downloads, of course.

A very useful programme which may also easily be used for full-page questionaires.

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

looks good, i'm always put off by contact forms when they ask for too much info but thats cool

I've stopped using contact forms on my sites, because there is a risk that a user makes a typing mistake when he types his E-mail address, something that can't happen if they're forced to use a dedicated E-mail client.

Also when I switched from a form to an E-mail address only visible as an image, I noticed that I was getting a lot less E-mails. Now I get mostly E-mails of people who really need me.