Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Revamped Site

I just uploaded my new version of my site. I did some of the graphics using Xara products. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Alan
    My main website
    My Art Gallery

Default Re: My Revamped Site

Alan, Fine website obviously you are a very deep thinker with strong views of your own, I am one of those people whose opinions vary with the wind. The art section I like very much,especially the Chihuly Glass Ceiling. What program do you use to produce these pictures?.
    My regards to Sweet Margaret I can see why she is so called. A lovely Kind open face if I may say so.

..Norman

alan nice site, but it's very small and the scroll bar shows enormous width and height! Maybe make it a bit smaller?

Hi Parahandy,

Thanks for the kind comments. You know, I participate in several discussion boards where politics, etc, are off topic. So when people like you wander over to my site and see my blog, etc, they are sometimes surprised.

Sweet Margaret is from the UK, and I think she and our daughter are the most beautiful women who walk on the face of the earth.

I use Paintshop Pro, Corel Draw, Corel Painter, and of course Xara.

Hi Availor,

I suspect the large scrollbar shows up because of your display. My display is 1024 x 768, and there are no scrollbars at all. What browser and what version are you using?

Regards,

Alan

Regards,

Alan

I'm using Firefox.

I am using Firefox and also have the same scrollbars as availor.

I have taken a look at the page source and the following may be all or part of of the problem:

<div id="Ohor2" style="position:absolute;z-index:12;visibility:visible; left:18158px;top:332426px;width:696px;height:10px; ">

Notice the position is set to a rather large x and y setting. I suspect this may be causing the scrollbars.

What did you create this page with? There's certainly a lot more code than I would expect.

Paul

Thanks Pauland,

I'll check this out later after work. I mostly used WebEngine, but I also used NoteTab, NVU, and AceHTML.

I checked it out on both my work and home computers with both IE 6 and Firefox.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Pauland and Availor,

I would be grateful if you could check it out again. Let me know if the change I made fixed it. If it did, thanks to Pauland.

Regards,

Alan

Alan, your site's ok now

Thanks Availor,

Pauland found the problem. I had an extraneous object there. It was supposed to be the second-from-the-top dark rule, but I somehow had two of them.

When I got rid of the duplicate, that apparently did the trick. Odd that it not cause a problem on the two computers and two browsers I was using.

Regards,

Alan