Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New and lost

Default New and lost

I bought Menu Maker and have made the menu, I can't figure how to put it on my site. Is there an html code somewhere?

Tom

Default Re: New and lost

I suggest you look at the demo movie available at xara.com. I do not own menu maker and am not sure if it just produces navbars menus etc and may require another program to insert it into your website but in the demo it shows you a browser preview and when it does this it would seems you then go to view and you will see the source code. I hope this helps .
    Norman

There is a great help item within MenuMaker that describes in detail the procedures to insert your navBar onto your project. But, if I read your question correctly you want to place your completed menu on your site. Then you simply load your saved project file to your site using the same procedure when you first created your site. Assuming you are the webmaster!

RileyRyan

Hello tomnv, welcome in.

I've described the procedure on inserting the menumaker into html code in THIS thread. Please view the video tutorial link and download the example file.

Tom:

If you are using Dreamweaver, inserting the nav from Menu Maker is really easy. Here are the steps if you do - or is someone reads this post and needs to know.

Open the page you want to insert the menu into. (Be in design view)
    Place your cursor on that page where you want the nav to be
    Go to Insert> Xara MenuMaker > NavBar/Menu

If will open up the Xara Menumaker program. If you have already created it, you can just click save and exit, if you have not created the navigation, you can create a new project and then save and exit, you will be taken back to Dreamweaver. {Be sure to have a folder in Dreamweaver for your Navigation for the site and save into that folder from Xara}. I think something comes up about viewing blah blah, just close that window. You should see the menu where your cursor was.

If you need to edit it, highlight the nav, and choose edit from the bottom of the page (where your properties are listed).

Good luck to you