Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default different gradients for fill and stroke

Is it possible to have the stroke gradient of a shape be going one direction and the gradient of the fill to be a different color going another direction?

Currently the only way I can think of doing this is to create a duplicate of a shape, and then remove the stroke of one, and the fill of another and combine them to make the effect.

I'm getting a handle on a bunch of things with xara x and I love it. But this was something I'm used to in adobe illustrator / indesign. It would just be good to know.

Default Re: different gradients for fill and stroke

It's possible you could use a 1 step contour and treat that as your stroke. Select the shape only and change the direction of your fill in the shape.

Mickie

thanks for your suggestion. Another member pointed out that I failed to respond to this message. It was actually the perfect fix that I didn't try until just now.

I didn't even realize the contour and the shape could be selected separately.

Excellent!
    -mike

Mile

You could also make a clone of the shape. Give the original a fill but no outline.

Give the clone an outline to the width you want and then Arrange > Convert Line to Shape.

Each of these can be filled differently.

Gary