Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default serial number says it's invalid.

Hi

I'm new to Xara, and new to the forums. I just bought the Xara email offer through Amazon. One of the serial numbers works.. the one for xtreme the other two 3d6 and webstyle do not. It says they are invalid. I put in a ticket, but also wanted to ask on here to see if anyone else had bought this offer?

I mainly wanted to know if because I bought direct from Amazon that's a third party? ... Though it was through the xara offer.

I was excited to get started with webstyle too.... but I really wanted to get my hands on xtreme after trying xara x1.

Anyway any info will be of use thanks

Tina

Default Re: serial number says it's invalid.

I've not heard of this Amazon offer - can you post a link to this if at all possible?

Oh, and Welcome to TalkGraphics!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Welcome Tina,

I haven't heard about an Amazon offer for Xara programs, and I get emails from them for other offerings. Was this a UK only offer?

Have you made an inquiry with Amazon about the invalid serial numbers?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Just checked the UK site - they appear to be offering Xtreme 2. Looking at the prices it is probably cheaper to buy direct anyway.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine Farrelly; 05 October 2006 at 07:12 AM.

This was the email I got from Xara
    "
    http://emails.xara.com/AmazonWeek.html
    which tells you about a great deal on Xara Graphic Studio for UK customers
    at Amazon, ends 1st October."

It was for three products in one. It cost £60.97 with free shipping.
    Amazon UK Deal of the Week: 50% off Xara Graphic Studio

This was a good deal wasn't it?

Since there has been no response to my xara ticket I'll have to try Amazon... not sure where and what to do .. but i'll give it a go.

any other help would be great Thanks

Tina

Persevere with Xara Support - they're very slow but they get there in the end.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Unhappy Re: serial number says it's invalid.

Well I went to Amazon found their phone setup ... got someone whose english was painful She said I had to send it back, using one of their return labels for free shipping that I could print out from their site.

So it's a good job I just got a new printer with some ink, a couple of weeks ago then!

and I went to the bin in the rain and rescued the cardboard wrapping!

Of course she could not say how i was to have a reciept that I'd sent it, it being a free label and all so I'll have to pay to register it.

I'ts my experiance that anything I send back anywhere will be 'lost in the post' and when this is followed up I'm usually told in a suspicious voice. "Well we have no record of your item" ... well good job I always get a proof of postage then!!! ...

I'm not about to fall for that one.

I asked do you have others in stock? oh I'll check that for you.... like she didn't first?
    huh!

I asked her to reserve it for me... I doubt that will happen... so I said what happens if the new one has the same problem.... I never got that question answered.

It's my experiance with software there are a variety of ways to produce serial numbers .. I do it with my own ebooks that I sell.... it should be simple enough to confirm (which she did) that i'd bought the software.... and simple enough to give me the correct serial numbers.

She did not even ask if i'd inputted them correctly....

I'll never buy software from Amazon again.. I only did this time because I'd got the email through Xara. I like a bargin but I hate losing out on customer service.

Since Amazon is deemed (I assume) a third party I don't think Xara can address the problem...

however a suggestion.

If you don't have control over the third party to support the customer of your software. Either

1. Don't allow it to be sold through third parties.

2. Don't ever again recommend, tell or email your user base about third party offers you don't control.

I think the second should suffice.

I've been waxing lyrical to my online friends about finally getting Extreme and webstyle (I missed out the 25th wed anniversary email offer which I'd been going to get)...

One thing I'm not doing I'm not uninstalling extreme while I'm waiting for this to get there ... and then I have to phone them up and let them know I sent it.. why? Then when they receive it and only when they recieve it will they send one out.

It's my experiance with other companies they send me the new one with a return back for the old item...

I've decided that Amazon does not do business very well.

What's the betting they lose it? Or if they do send it... all the serial numbers don't work? Yeah.

Sorry for the rant .... £60 down the drain! I almost don't feel like bothering..

nothing from xara yet... I'm getting back to work..sigh

Tina

Relax Tina, relax. Keep cool and don't be silly: Why should you send your software package back to Amazon? Amazon is only a dealer, nothing more. If your serial number is wrong, the Xara Support is surely able to help you.

Please be patient and wait for a answer from Xara Support.
    I believe firmly in the fact, that you're able to wait so long.

btw: Welcome to talkgraphics!

Remi

Tina, there is also a answer in the Xara Knowledge:

Regards,
    Remi

Hi Folks

That link did the trick.. or rather it led me to think .. ahhh...

On the link it says xara 3d code starts with x3d I looked at my codes and it did not but the webstyle one did....

Could they have possibly put the code stickers the wrong way around?

Yes they could have and yes the did ... why I didn't think of that I don't know doh.

They are working.... It took me a while though to figure out I had to press update webstyle to get the themes, banners etc etc etc...they are dl as we speak.

Thanks for listening, I'm just trying to do too much at once or I'd have figured this out the other day...

Thanks a lot folks...

Tina
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 06 October 2006 at 09:09 PM.