Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gallaries for .7 Xara LX

I am a newbie to Xara Xtreme LX. I am attempting to get through an excellent
    tutorial by Gary Priester (#20) and can't seem to be able to find the required galleries.
    Thanks in advance.
    IP

Default Re: Gallaries for .7 Xara LX

Hi Kentek,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The Linux version of Xara Xtreme is still in development. The galleries are being worked on, but not estimate as to when they will be completed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi,
    I'm a complete beginner with Xara, and only installed it today. Everything appeared to install smoothly on FC5.
    Is this why I can't see any way to start an animation in v0.7 on FC5 ? There is no File>New>animation, or Utilities>galleries>animation option. There's a Utilities>animation menu item, but it doesn't seem to do anything. No options come up, but a very small grey square appears to the right where the drop-down list should be.

Is there any way to enable it? or am I misunderstanding something fundemental?
    Thanks for any advice.

Jim Deakin
    IP

Yep, that's why you can't see it. You're not doing anything wrong, or missing out any steps. It's just that that portion of Xara hasn't been completed in the Linux version as of yet.

I beleive that they're focusing on the fundamental tools for drawing in general before they start working on this sort of thing.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.
    IP

geez, this is good to read, as I was just wondering the same question... re' animation...

can wait for this app to develope
    IP