Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pantone Colors

Question Pantone Colors

Normally I do web work, now I have to create an advertisement that should contain a pantone color. Where do I find the pantone in my color model chooser? Do I totally overlook something or doesn't it exists in XaraExtreme?

thanks.
    Rick

Default Re: Pantone Colors

Hi Rick,

One of the changes made between Xara X¹ and Xara Xtreme was the removal of Pantone colour pallet. It helped reduce the cost of the program because the license for that support isn't needed.

If you also have Xara X or Xara X¹ you can have more than one version installed on the same computer. I have all three on one Windows 2000 PC at home.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I am just wondering, even when assigning a pantone colors in xara, how would that color be intact when exporting? What export format keeps the pantone and what program are you using to import the image?

Ok thanks. That's a shame, they should offer it as a optional extension/module to buy. Now I exported it to PDF, opened the file in illustrator and changed the colors to a pantone color.

I always assign my pantones in illustrator or photoshop.
    Like you said export it and assign it back in illustrator.

Quote Originally Posted by RickX View Post
    Ok thanks. That's a shame, they should offer it as a optional extension/module to buy. Now I exported it to PDF, opened the file in illustrator and changed the colors to a pantone color.
    Too bad you just missed out on the deal last week. Xara was selling Xara X1 to us Xtreme users for $19. USD. As mentioned above, X1 had Pantone.

Hi. Don't forget that a while back Zeb found where you can download
    Pantone colors (their color libraries) for free and use them with Xtreme.

Below is the quote from Zeb from a May 17, 2006 posting:

Here's the link to become a free member https://www.pantone.com/mypantone/my...action=newuser.
    After that, you go to Support files + fun tools\color bridge digital libraries & tutorial where you can
    download the PANTONE color bridge installer for WIN:

Once downloaded, you install it, then go to C:\Program Files\PANTONE(R) color bridge(TM)\PANTONE
    color bridge CMYK PC\Application Support Files\Corel\CorelDraw select the file PANTONE color bridge
    CMYK PC.PAL and copy it into C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme\Palettes.

(The link above still works)

HTH

Ken
    Last edited by Kman; 03 October 2006 at 06:41 PM.

You know, maybe I was wrong, but I just coped three files from X1 to Xtreme and this way added Panton pallets to the last one.

You know, maybe I was wrong, but I just coped three files from X1 to Xtreme and this way added Panton pallets to the last one.
    Shush! One of the reasons Xara did not include the Pantone palette in Xtreme is Pantone charges a license fee for each copy of Xara that includes the palette. It is not a large amount of money, but it does add to the overall price.

Pantone is also very protective of their products and if they heard Valery's suggestion, they would not be amused

Gary

Valery, you was very off-hand

On the other side: If Xara is able to sell Xara X1 for just $19, the license fee for Pantone can't be so much.

Remi