Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Corel has written a neat-o that when one of their core elements crashes, a recover "wizard" pops up. This wizard has popped up on me around 100 times since extensive testing began yesterday.

Screenshot will be attached below. Gotta say, I am jumping ship very quickly to become a Xaran!

Maybe somebody at Microsoft can bail them out technology-wise, as MS has already bailed them out money-wise.

One can view my opinion on my index page at http://www.thefontman.com (not too peed off...yeah..right!) Do get some substantial hits on the humble site. Check out the recommended links page to see some affordable shockwave programs!!!

Regards,
    The Fontman

A Disgruntled former Corelian soon to be Xaran!

[This message was edited by The Fontman on November 01, 2000 at 05:32 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture001.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	7266  
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Corel has written a neat-o that when one of their core elements crashes, a recover "wizard" pops up. This wizard has popped up on me around 100 times since extensive testing began yesterday.

Screenshot will be attached below. Gotta say, I am jumping ship very quickly to become a Xaran!

Maybe somebody at Microsoft can bail them out technology-wise, as MS has already bailed them out money-wise.

One can view my opinion on my index page at http://www.thefontman.com (not too peed off...yeah..right!) Do get some substantial hits on the humble site. Check out the recommended links page to see some affordable shockwave programs!!!

Regards,
    The Fontman

A Disgruntled former Corelian soon to be Xaran!

[This message was edited by The Fontman on November 01, 2000 at 05:32 PM.]
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Looks like the crash feedback software thing out of Netscape, maybe they used the same (Full Circle) code? I used to get that Netscape Has Crashed dialogue a dozen times a day, and was particularly pleased when the feedback software itself crashed. Wheee!!!

I hate wizards, me. They're an GUI crutch, a sure sign that the original interface was so badly-designed it became excessively difficult to do common tasks, and it'll still be excessively difficult to do anything slightly different to the rigidly predefined wizard tasks. Modal interfaces suck.

But anyway I'm ranting now, so I'll stop. Draw 10 does indeed look a bit rubbish. I think I'll refrain from trying it for the moment.

You've got some goodlooking stuff in the gallery on your website, Mark. Nice going!

Allison

for your comments regarding my little "gallery" on my site!

Regards,
    The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com

p.s. will be adding some more goodies soon!
    The Fontman