Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Next version of Xara Extreme

Or the American version -- Xara Xpat?
    Anton

My number one wish for the next version of Xtreme will be the cabability of creating the .wix, .xws and .xgt graphics used by Webstyle. Sigh... Maybe by the time this is added, I will have become good enough in Xtreme to make use of them. The awesome tutorials by Gary, Egg and others are absolutely brilliant, and even though the learning curve may be steep, they provide solid steps and hand-holds along the way.

My number one wish would be an actions palette, similar to Adobes, but with Xaras inimitable design and ease of use.

I've read and seen lots of ways to create all sorts of effects and various production techniques and work-a-rounds for achieving almost anything other graphics programs can do.

All of which show the immense power of this fantastic program, but (-there's always a but) an actions palette would simplify and speed up all these techniques and work-a-rounds, plus allow the swapping of actions between users.

In my opinion this would be the single most useful addition to Xaras toolset.

My number one wish would be an more better support for grafic tablets, similar to Creature House Expression, more customizable brushes and an option to save custom brushes. In fact I wish to be like a natural painting aplication (like Painter IX or Artrage) but in vector mode. And with scripting support (Python). Both options, if you know how to useit can bust tremenduos the speed of the work.
    Last edited by artisanicview; 30 September 2006 at 11:27 PM.

My number one wish is that I'd get the two things I've been begging for for years:

- the ability to align to a selected object rather than to the extreme object

- the ability to set the true ruler origin to top left rather than bottom left.

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    - the ability to align to a selected object rather than to the extreme object
    Seconded (Thirded, etc)

My preferred Align & Distribute Tool is this one.

You select some objects and then click a toolbar button. Choose an option from the flyout and click on an object (it needn't be one of the selected ones) to which all the others will align.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Align_Distrib.gif 
Views:	522 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	30256  

I'd love an Eraser!.....lol
    Just Makin' my Way....The Only way I Know How!

Quote Originally Posted by kandy44 View Post
    I'd love an Eraser!.....lol
    Why?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Magic Wand?

or greater compatibility with photoshop eps

Well there are work-a-rounds that can emulate a magic wand and even an eraser (maybe the align problem too), but they take far longer than in a program which has those tools as standard, such as most bitmap editors.

Again, such work-a-rounds would take a mouse click (or two) with actions/macros.