Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This past week has been one busy and crazy week. Had a couple of major things going on in RL so did not get a chance to play with C4D much nor visit graphic forums much. I didn't even get started on lesson 3 until Saturday morning. I modelled this umbrella using mostly cylinders and deformers. The fabric part is a flattened cube that has been tapered and bent then put into an array. I duplicated that array, sized it slightly smaller, and rotated it to give variation since having just one array left holes near the top. I'm happy how it turned out though I know I could improve it quite a bit. Radiosity also makes a lot more sense after reading about it in the XL manual but I still have a long way to go to master it. Enjoy! Any C&C's welcome.

-Tek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	umbrella_1b_0_final_1b_JC8.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	16581  

Looks good!

yea, that does look really nice Teknal

You are having much fun with modeling I see, good stuff

Thanks Randy & gidgit, I'm having a blast!

-Tek

Hi Teknal,

Great looking umbrella.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Teknal...I have motivation in your umbrella, and I tryed something too. My second individual model, without book helping .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	umbrella.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	1493  
    miress
    [you see it]

miress - Very nice. Love the detail.

@Soquili, thank you.

@miress, very very very nice umbrella model! That's what I had in mind when I started and well, you can see my result. I'm happy how mine looks but it is not the model I started out wanting to make. I'd love to know how you made the segments for the fabric part of the umbrella and how you made them line up if they are separate pieces, etc. (if you are willing to share your secret.)

-Tek

Hi Teknal...
    first thank you for compliments, but somebody better than me, make this model more more better.

I must apologize for my english, maybe you will understand me

Segments of fabric are only simply NURBS Cylinder and deformed to the final shape. Yes, they are separate pieces, duplicated up 45 degrees steps (very easy). Small ends of segments are duplicated and placed manually. Next small sticks by head construction are the same as ribcage of umbrella.

But, I´m only beginner...A lot of things I do wrong and complicated. But everthing is training for me, and there, in this forum, are very good and clever people, they know to advice and say true critique. Sometimes turn up there some interesting discusion like umbrella or water in the cup, and it is invitation appeal and training for me.
    So, good luck for your next works and I´m enjoying for your next model.
    miress
    [you see it]

Really nice results on your umbrella miress... and thank you very much on your explaination in achieving such...

You guys here are the best... really good attitudes for learning and sharing... What a group

I must try one of these umbrella's as well