Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What does your Avatar picture mean?

Mine was a cartoon kid version based on myself. But I was starting to grow tired of it - seeing others update or change their Avatar every now and then, I decided to change mine as well.

Reading, Risto's plans, I decided to use a photo as well - same one I used for my feature artist thingie.

So now my Avatar means, "that's what I look like."

(old Avatar)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •Bob
    IP

Well, it seems everyone is updating their avatars, so I will update mine as well, maybe with my actualy face?

BTW: "Avatar" according to Hindu legend is a god recreated into a human, and it was my nickname prior to "Availor" but it soon vanished because too many people use this word (especially now), out of it's acutal (for me) meaning.

Any one of you played the Ultima series? Pagan, Britannia etc....
    IP

I went with a real mug av once not so long ago, then chose to go back to showing a grfx mug instead...

I kind of really enjoy the "artistic expression" shown with so many user avatars... it's an artform of it's own really

This is an grfxart board right?

Now a " Show a picture of yourself " thread is another story all together...

Say no to the trend of boring, uninspired, personal shots... nothing personal

just another one of my humble opinions

(Bob, I really liked your toon av... and will miss it very much... psst, never too late to say no to boring trends ... )
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gidgit View Post
    Say no to the trend of boring, uninspired, personal shots...

Oh my picture isn't boring, it's fascinating, exciting, breathcatcihng, hazardous and inspireous at a time... sexy.... you'll see
    IP

Well , I kind of enjoy seeing what the other memebers here really look like.
    I always get to see their artwork in the posts. But it is nice for me to be able to put a face with the name of a person.

For the first time in this thread I have seen Raymond and now after years, I get to see what Bob looks like too!

Here's looking at ya!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

The reason I chose my avatar, is because it is the funniest animation character in my first full length animation video, though you cannot hear him laughing, his jaw is meant to move up and down...in silent laughter. The character he plays is the angel of death, but more like that part of our future about which we cannot forsee...I plan to change it to something a little more cheerful...but what really tickled me, was when my son chuckled to himself when he saw the character laugh...it is not meant to be frightening or sinister, it is animation after all.
    IP

Mine is my gnurf alter ego. Compared to the "standard" gnurf I have three curly hairs, as in real life (like in curly hair, not three hairs). I used a gnurf as my gnurf characters are something of a trademark of mine. It is in black & white as I usually do my artwork with black ink on white paper.

And I am smiling, which makes me a nice happy person
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

IP

Yeah tis me, you got a problam with that eh?
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/image.ph...ine=1159462521

I don't like placing my actualy fae photo though, maybe I'll move it to my profile.
    IP

and this is me,

Can you guess?
    IP

Post Re: What does your Avatar picture mean?

Mine means nothing.
    IP