Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Graphics Tablets-- prices/recommendations?

I would really like to purchase a graphics tablet to sketch directly into PSP so I can create Manga and other graphics by hand. I've never used one, but hate using a scanner.

Anyone use them? I was browsing ebay tonight and they are ranging from 20 bucks to 250. I would hesitate to pay more than 75 until I know I love it, then I'd probably re-sell and upgrade to the top of the line.

Advice would rock my world!

Default Re: Graphics Tablets-- prices/recommendations?

I have been using graphics tablets for many years, I presently use a Wacom intuos 2, my mouse has a dead battery and is obsolete. The tablet has a pen stylus and mouse style pointer, I use both of them.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 25 September 2006 at 04:35 AM.

Definitely would stick to a Wacom. I 've only heard various (probably overblown) horror stories about the other brands on the market. They do change your way of doing things once you have gotten used to them. Perhaps try a demo model and see if it is to your liking (although I don't know where).

Thanks so much! I jotted down Wacom. I'm definitely buying on ebay first, then if I love it upgrading. Having a brand name helps a great deal, since the prices on auction sites vary so much and don't always indicate quality.

Coolios.