Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: My website layout

I prefer the appearance of link2.

I'd suggest going with link2 in pure CSS. Why bother with a mixed flash/htnl implementation. I tend either to make a html site, or a flash site, but I'd only embed flash into html as content, not navigation. I don't think the footer and header really match in style.

Whenever I make a website, I usually mock it up using Xara and get a decision based upon that. What I'm trying to say is that as a 'user' I don't care about the technology, but I do care about the appearance, layout, navigation, content etc., so I don't need to know the technologies involved to make a choice.

BTW, I have no idea what "Web Cruller" means .

Paul

Thanks for the reply.

1. Cruller is a sort of a doughnut http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruller I meant to do something that goes well with a coffee when you watch my content (because there are many sites associated with coffee I wanted to go for the dessert)

2. I also like the second one, but something was bothering me with the layout as well (the heading turns out pinkish). Maybe the third one is good. I wanted white with light blue or green. What do you say?

I still prefer link2. I don't know if this will stay an english site, but I've never ever heard of a cruller before, so I guess I won't be alone and so the association would be lost. I think you'd need a graphic to make it work.

Unfortunately you're not getting much feedback - try doing a printout and ask amongst friends. I don't want to be the only one commenting on your stuff - you'll get a complex!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Unfortunately you're not getting much feedback - try doing a printout and ask amongst friends. I don't want to be the only one commenting on your stuff - you'll get a complex!

Paul
    Well I can try other forums as well, or maybe it will take a bit of a time.
    It is going to be an english only site since making it in Hebrew is toughter (requires right-to-left writing and special unicode coding) and much MUCH less productive - only 7m Israelies, 2M - or don't know how many have internet -, about several thousands who are interested in graphics... leaves me with nothing.

Thanks for the comments anyhow
    Last edited by Availor; 21 September 2006 at 08:52 PM.

2 is your best work from where I sit.

I would agree... #2

Gosh is just me but I like the clean simple lines of link 1. Is it just the Jpeg compression but there seems to be a pinkish hue travelling from the bottom up whish slightly spoils 2 & 3 for me. I am another person who has used Flash for navigation but I now prefer if I can to keep things simple and just use CSS if I can as the site loads so much quicker from page to page. Still having a few problems with one of my most recent sites wiith text not quite centering in Expl.7 but it can hardly be seen but I know it there.
    Design is thinking made visual.