Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: X Marks The Spot!

... yowsers... looking good g...

well, we are way back on this one, but participating eh

stay tuned
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tchest.gif 
Views:	211 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	29886  

Great start, Gidgit. Now that looks like a solid chest that can withstand being buried for centuries. And more importantly, a medium sized one! It will be much easier to fill later on. Pretty wise decision to let the other guy make the first dive... My huge crate is harder to fill than I expected...
    Menorah is a good one. I've added it to my treasures file. Also added some more reinforcements on the chest. It looked too flimsy and would probably collapse under the weight of the gold that's going to be placed inside it.
    Bob, I'm not modelling them using ascii.... Blender may be unorthodox, but it has advanced rapidly since I first discovered it .

Name:	TreasureChest5.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	29901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreasureChest4.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	29902  

Last edited by Grafixman; 22 September 2006 at 03:41 PM.

Gman, it is utterly amazing what you do with Blender. The coins look fantastic - so so real! Great job!
    -=Bob=-

Yea, very fun challenge topic G...

geez, that's a pretty hefty bit o bounty you have there ... Good thing you put reinforcements there... lest you loose the loot to Davies Locker... arrr

Now, I wonder what I would do with such a loot... hmmm ????

Wow that's wonderful! Couldn't ask for more, just one little tiny thing: Can you materialize that for me now?

No really, it took you so little time to create such a great art. THUMBS UP!

Nice job G-Man. Now put it in a scene.

Mike Bailey:
    Nice job G-Man. Now put it in a scene.

Captain Mike fires his single shot and I drop dead on my tracks...
    Scenes and backgrounds are my weakest areas. . So, is going for a dip in the shark infested waters an alternative?... .
    But seriously, yes, that's what I'm thinking about right now. Might be a good time to get more familiar with Bryce? But the render times feels like going through a torture chamber.
    Anyway, here's the semi-final render without a background scene. Added some more diamonds and pearls post render, in PhotoImpact, using the preset diamond and pearl stamps. Also added some slight blingy sparkle effect. Nothing like glinting treasures to lure the unwary, eh...

Name:	TreasureChest.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	29920  
    Last edited by Grafixman; 23 September 2006 at 02:30 PM.

Gman, you da man!
    I hesitate to make a suggestion to such an accomplished artist - but I will. The red "jewel" needs work and looks out of place. I think it should be more glass-like and a darker red. Right now it looks like a pirate accidentally spit out one of his coughdrops into the treasure. And... it seems lonely. How's about some more and some deep blue ones, etc..
    -=Bob=-

You're absolutely right, Bob. It is out of place. I guess it's just one of those things you become blind to after looking at something frequently. Good that you pointed it out. Gonna fix that later when i can. Yes, perhaps adding some more at various places and increasing the saturation of the red could be the solution. Deep blue ones might also help keep the balance. Gems are tricky stuff to render in 3D, I found out during this project. Ah well, it's a good learning experience, at least...

I likes, I likes Man, those little glint fx's really make the whole thing go pop eh ... yea, maybe some more colored gems would be cool, though hey, this be very cool as is G..

Nice shot across the bow there Captain Mike... arrr but heck yea, this G model is just begging for a scene to sit cozy within..

Bryce eh? haha, I sat through a few test renders and ikes... it was not pretty, nor was the descriptive language being rendered by self ... hehe

Keep it going G... this is really shaping up nicely