Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing in Fedora 5

I have XaraLX installed from Fedora Extras packages, and also downloaded and installed from the tar/bz2 archive. The printing is different in both. I can't print at all from the Fedora Extras packages (crashes XaraLX), and I can only print to a postscript file from the archive (trying to use a printer crashes XaraLX). Has anyone else had success printing in Fedora?

The postscript output is great, and printing out of KGhostview works fine, so I'm not dead in the water.

Thanks!

Chuck
    IP

Default Re: Printing in Fedora 5

Quote Originally Posted by akbowbender View Post
    I have XaraLX installed from Fedora Extras packages, and also downloaded and installed from the tar/bz2 archive. The printing is different in both. I can't print at all from the Fedora Extras packages (crashes XaraLX), and I can only print to a postscript file from the archive (trying to use a printer crashes XaraLX). Has anyone else had success printing in Fedora?

The postscript output is great, and printing out of KGhostview works fine, so I'm not dead in the water.

Thanks!

Chuck
    Can you try the latest build (not the stable one). I fixed a bug soon after 0.7 was out which caused printing to crash when not printing to file.

Alex
    IP

Has anyone else had success printing in Fedora?
    Chuck
    Yes, I run FC5 and the latest version of Xara r1759 without a problem printing to a Epson R220. I set it to my default under Gnome, have CUPS installed, let the Xara defaults run using 8.5 by 11 inch paper.

frank
    IP

Alex,

The latest works as you said it would. Thanks!

I also noticed that the file type dropdown in the open document dialog now lists all the file types that xaralx can open. Nice!

Chuck
    IP

Alex,

The latest works as you said it would. Thanks!

I also noticed that the file type dropdown in the open document dialog now lists all the file types that xaralx can open. Nice!

Chuck
    Yes, the program is getting fleshed out... but be careful, some of the file type are not handled fully. GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF, certainly are; but SVG, PDF are not yet complete, import/export. Just a matter of time... <smile>

frank
    IP

Hello,

Sorry but i speak english very bad.

I use xara with ubuntu 6.10 edgy with Ubuntu repositories. Every time i will print, preview before printing, xaralx crash.

Had somebody else already this problem?

Thanks
    IP

Xara still crashes on printing from FC5 when I use the rpm from Fedora Extras, but works fine when I use the tarball version. This is under KDE. I haven't tried printing from Gnome.
    IP