Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Einladung

Default Re: Einladung

Very nice Illustration Remi.
    It reminds me of one of the Lost boys with Peter Pan in Neverland. Cowboys and Indians and Pirates oh my!
    Thanks for the invitation.
    I had to look up Einladung
    It is "invatation" in German right ?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Thank you all for your friendly words. I've said to him, that he's a handsome fellow and he grin like a Cheshire cat.

Ron ask, how I've done it. At first, let me say, it's a protracted process. Here are the necessary steps:

1. You need to "create" a son and have to wait six years.
    2. Take a photo of him and say to him, he has to look tigerish.
    3. Import this photo into Xara Xtreme.
    4. Create a new layer for each part of the drawing, to make your life easier. I would say, if your drawing contains 10-30 layers at the end, you're on the right way.
    5. It's a great idea, to create a named color for each new color you use. First, it seems working this way is a little bit cumbersome, but it makes the process of fine-tuning the colours easier. If you want to draw a graphic with the same style, use only two or three colours per object. For instance, if you draw the face, you need one color for the skin, one for the shadow and one for the outline.
    6. Start with the eyes, because the eyes are the most important of a portrait. Don't use the color white, because the eyeball isn't pure white - use a light grey instead.
    7. Create the form of the face with the Pen Tool or the Shape Editor Tool. After you've finished, feel free to create a new layer and recreate the face again with complete new strokes/shapes. Believe me, the second approach is better than your first try.
    8. The second important parts are the mouth and the nose. Sometimes it's not so easy, to reduce complex forms to a simple shape or line. But you have a big advantage: You're using Xara Xtreme and you're able to delete wrong lines, recreate them or do some fine-tuning.
    9. Engage a clever project manager to meet the deadline. I've selected a 6 years old one, who always comes to my office and asks me: "Dad, how finished am I?". And if I answer "I thought, you're already finished after 6 years", he says "I mean, if you're finished with my picture?". And while I'm trying to explain him, that I have to do some work on this other very important Web Design project I'm currently working on, this project manager only says with his upraised left finger "But until tomorrow, my drawing is finished. Did I make myself clear, Dad?" and leaves the room...

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    Very nice Illustration Remi.
    It reminds me of one of the Lost boys with Peter Pan in Neverland. Cowboys and Indians and Pirates oh my!
    Thanks for the invitation.
    I had to look up Einladung
    It is "invatation" in German right ?
    Thanks, Bruce. Yes, "Einladung" is german for "invitation". The party starts next week.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 21 September 2006 at 05:05 PM.

It means to accept an invitation. or issue an invitation.

Thanks, Remi, for that delightful tutorial. I have learned to start with eyes, and have learned you have a great sense of humor and a wonderful son. I especially like steps 1 and 9. hahahahahaha
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Here are the necessary steps:
    1. You need to "create" a son and have to wait six years
    Which software do you use for that matter?

Forgot to mention: Happy birthday too
    Last edited by Availor; 22 September 2006 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    My son celebrates his 6. Birthday. You're invited.

Remi

Thank you, but I am with the flue right now.
    And i really like it, it reminded me of the old boy book covers
    I use to have, looks really great.

Thanks for the invitation, and I wish you and your son a happy birthday.
    Hiep hiep hoera.

Your son is a Native American?

Happy Birthday and many many more!

Gary

Great drawing, Remi. Gary, I think children the world over enjoy role playing and trying on dress up clothes and supposing. Perhaps I haven't grown up all the way, sometimes I still enjoy that.

It is imagination and bravo Remi for this you are doing, your son will likely remember his whole life.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

I said to my son, that his invitation-picture is published on the Internet. First, he didn't understand, and after I explained him, that our picture is on this english webserver and showed him this thread, he ask me "Is this computer further away than Frankfurt?" and I nodded. He was fascinated about the fact, that this server isn't in Germany, but in U.K.. And he hopped on my leg and I started to translate and explain all your answers to him. First, it was very funny to him, that some of you doesn't know the word "Einladung", but he recognized the reason for this by himself: "Because they don't speak German, right Dad?".

I asked him "Do you remember Bob Hahn?" and he thought a little bit about this name, but after a short time, he answered "Is this the man with the pictures, you showed me?" and I answered "Yes, you remember the picture with the baseball girl and the other picture with the football player?". And he was very happy, that Bob Hahn wrote a note to his birthday. (After that, I had to break the session for some minutes and had to show him all the pictures on Bob's website - again...).

We talked about the places, everyone of you lives and I said to him, that he has recieved birthday wishes from all over the world. You should seen his wide eyes. He knows something about other countries, but with 6 years he isn't really able to understand, how far away Canada, USA or Israel is. So I started Google earth and we visited all the places. It was great fun and very interesting for him (and me).

Like Sally said, my son will remind this for a long time - not only my drawing, but also your comments and birthday wishes. Thanks again for that.

Remi